vp10 - Twilight Zone 2.1

rck2023

Hi everyone!

First of all I'd like to greet all of you. I'm new here, I played many times in the past with Virtual Pinball and all of a sudden I decided to try it again... well a lot has evolved, I see :) (I played with VP7 during those days).

I immediately downloaded again Twilight Zone, that was my favourite Pinball machine when I was young.

The table looks cool but I have a problem (well, two problems to be honest):

- when I launch tha table to be played (F5), I cannot use the mouse pointer (it gets invisible)... so if I try to use Esc to exit (just an example), I cannot see where to point. Ok I can use the Tab key to scroll the options, but for other cases you cannot do anything right if you can't see the pointer arrow... is it normal?

- talking about this specific table, when I launch it, I don't know why but the low part of the pinball machine is "cut" (you can't see the lower pinball paddles)... it doesn't matter if you resize the window size, the problem remains... any recommendation?

Thanks a lot - ciao

Rck

1 hour ago, rck2023 said:

Hi everyone!

First of all I'd like to greet all of you. I'm new here, I played many times in the past with Virtual Pinball and all of a sudden I decided to try it again... well a lot has evolved, I see :) (I played with VP7 during those days).

I immediately downloaded again Twilight Zone, that was my favourite Pinball machine when I was young.

The table looks cool but I have a problem (well, two problems to be honest):

- when I launch tha table to be played (F5), I cannot use the mouse pointer (it gets invisible)... so if I try to use Esc to exit (just an example), I cannot see where to point. Ok I can use the Tab key to scroll the options, but for other cases you cannot do anything right if you can't see the pointer arrow... is it normal?

- talking about this specific table, when I launch it, I don't know why but the low part of the pinball machine is "cut" (you can't see the lower pinball paddles)... it doesn't matter if you resize the window size, the problem remains... any recommendation?

Thanks a lot - ciao

Rck

Welcome @rck2023. TZ is also one of my favorites as well but in real life, so it sits beside me :) 

I'm guessing you are running vpx 10.8 as this is a known issue with it right now. It's in beta and has had the missing mouse, unless you hit escape, for some time now. The TZ tables available right now only require vpx 10.7 to run and your mouse will be visible with that. 

As for the cutoff screen you didn't say if you're running single screen desktop or multi monitor setup like qa cabinet. You need to set preferences in vpx for video/graphics. Only use exclusive full screen if you are running a cabinet otherwise select windowed full screen.

Lastly, read up! A lot is going on in the vpin world lately so lots to learn- which is half the fun, right? :)

2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

Welcome @rck2023. TZ is also one of my favorites as well but in real life, so it sits beside me :) 

I'm guessing you are running vpx 10.8 as this is a known issue with it right now. It's in beta and has had the missing mouse, unless you hit escape, for some time now. The TZ tables available right now only require vpx 10.7 to run and your mouse will be visible with that. 

As for the cutoff screen you didn't say if you're running single screen desktop or multi monitor setup like qa cabinet. You need to set preferences in vpx for video/graphics. Only use exclusive full screen if you are running a cabinet otherwise select windowed full screen.

Lastly, read up! A lot is going on in the vpin world lately so lots to learn- which is half the fun, right? :)

Hi! Thanks for your help.

I'll try later to install the 10.7 version to avoid the bug (PS in the meantime, I discovered that if I uncheck the "force exclusive fullscreen mode", the mouse pointer works).

About the display trouble, I'm using a laptop, just one screen. I tried to use several sizes of the window screen (including the windowed full screen) but the problem still remains. I wonder if it's a problem of the table (it's the Twilight Zone - Bally 1993 - v 2.1R2.51 ... should I use another table instead maybe?)

EDIT:  I downloaded another table 2.1 (maybe the one I downloaded elsewhere was a beta) and now everythings fine! Yeah back playing again... "too hot to handle" ;)

Thanks a lot - ciao

rck

Edited by rck2023