ASUS PG43UQ Discussion (POV)

BrandonLaw

Morning.  I feel there are a few of us out here running this display and I see folks getting these POV's dialed in....I just can't get it.  I'm shooting for 1:1 ratio and historically using anything cicular that's close to me to do so.  The display is at 4k and I stay at 120Hz for varius reasons (mainly the monitor is native at 120 and fakes the last 24) and I'm always stuck with black edges.  A few tables have been constructed with elongated walls that made it easy to get a full screen POV, but now with the exact measurements being implemented into the tables, this is just tough.  We either are sacrificing sidewalls getting a black edge, making the table larger than scale, or stretching.  Forget aprons if we want to get anywhere close.  Am I the only one with this display that feels this pain?  

I run a 56003D / 3070Ti 4k native resolution in windows at 100% across the board.  I have my exact screen dimensions in the parameters.  I do in fact run portrait and it's never given me an issue and I'm curious if these POV's have any influence over the general mass being rotated at 270?  I wouldn't think so, but I can't think of anything after a couple of years now why I'm struggling on POV's.  

Here is a taste.  This was taken at my eyeballs (I'm 6'1")  Notice the backwall and aprons cutoff with black bars on the edges.  Just a mess to me as someone who has owned many real machines.

IMG_8454.thumb.JPG.c739ee368d7ab088772fe6df61e6373a.JPG  2023-10-1306_36_06-ChromeRemoteDesktop-PINBALLMACHINE.thumb.png.717766836dd988af304db9ba4f7c70d1.png