Dmd wont record but playfield and backglass will

jdgrams

In pinup popper I have all screens setup and working. Using a 3 screen setup with DMD on the 3rd screen. The tables work fine. I can record playfield and backglass with no issue. When I press R to record DMD though nothing happens. I dont get the playing with your balls or anything. Acts like key isnt being pushed. Works in the other areas though. Any idea on how to fix this? Thank You 

2 hours ago, jdgrams said:

Yes with the same results. Was using auto record when I noticed dmd's weren't recording. Then  I tried to manually record. and thats where i'm at now.

I wonder if stayontop=true in your dmdevice.ini would help? If it's there already you may need to use the vpmdmd instead (F1 check show dmd window)

It's not that the dmd isn't showing, it's that I can't even press R to record it. I'll try these to see if it helps. When I try auto record the male voice says "Recording DMD" Then after like 20 seconds says "Recording FullDMD", then after 20 sec goes back to system with no recordings done.

Edit - I tried to download a dmd through the popper media manager. The dmd was green in popper to show a video was alocated, but when I load front end and go to that table, then the dmd video I added doesn't show up. but in game dmd works fine. Seems like popper is refusing to agree that I have a dmd on 3rd monitor

Edit Again - I tried going into baller installer and doing screen setup. when I get to dmd page I can click to show backglass and fulldmd and they both show fine. when I hit test dmd though I get "Class not registered, ProgID: "PUPDMDControl.DMD"". looked through the setup file and virtual dmd is enabled and others are disabled like I think its supposed to be. So I dunno why that error is there. I assume it's part of the problem.

Edited by jdgrams

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/8/2023 at 5:24 PM, jdgrams said:

In pinup popper I have all screens setup and working. Using a 3 screen setup with DMD on the 3rd screen. The tables work fine. I can record playfield and backglass with no issue. When I press R to record DMD though nothing happens. I dont get the playing with your balls or anything. Acts like key isnt being pushed. Works in the other areas though. Any idea on how to fix this? Thank You 

I have the exact same issue, select record DMD or record fulldmd, load into the game and pressing R does nothing, whereas it works fine for recording backglass or playfield. 

Another thing to note is that I have set media for the DMD on several tables on pinup but all that shows is my desktop background. 

As with the OP, loading any table and the DMD works as expected without issue. 

Does anyone know why this would happen and how to resolve?

Thanks,

Gary.