vpinmame 3.6 file confusion

sanchez77

6 minutes ago, sanchez77 said:

Github i find so confusing.  i want 3.6 but the betas list 25 files.  do i need source code or nonsource code version to fully update from 3.5.  And do i just copy then overwrite ALL the files from the zip.

The Download At the bottom of the page and must be signed in
Latest Beta = Use - VPinMAME-sc-3.x-xxx-xxxxxxx-win-x86 - https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/actions/runs/6207417364

To add to what Outhere has said make sure to pick vpinmame from the left side then scroll down in artifacts and pick the -sc x86 and -sc x64 NON DEBUG versions. Unzip all EXCEPT the vpmalias.txt to your \vpinmame folder and overwrite. If you do not have a customized vpmalias.txt then feel free to overwrite that too.

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Wylte said:

If the actions are too hard to navigate, you can stick to releases - click Assets then Vpinmame-sc-3.6-yadayada:

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/releases/

Well I don't get it. I assumed since I use Win11 64bit I would download "libpinmame-3.6-822-66be20f-win-x64.zip" but there's nothing really in that file but a few useless text files, a .dll and a test.exe... When I copy those couple of files over to the vpinmame folder it still doesn't allow me to play a table that requires 3.6 (Beavis and Butthead).

Edited by Emig5m

• Content Provider
15 minutes ago, Emig5m said:

Well I don't get it. I assumed since I use Win11 64bit I would download "libpinmame-3.6-822-66be20f-win-x64.zip" but there's nothing really in that file but a few useless text files, a .dll and a test.exe... When I copy those couple of files over to the vpinmame folder it still doesn't allow me to play a table that requires 3.6 (Beavis and Butthead).

V pinmame sc