64 bit Table list

Goggles

• Content Provider

There are no tables that are 32 or 64 bit, just those that push 4gb of memory (requiring x64 or modification) and those that don't.  There are some tables that have emulation issues with 64bit VPM, as well as special cases like p-roc.

From what I could find, the only tables that you might need 32-bit for are The Walking Dead, Cactus Canyon Continued, Baby Pacman, Granny and the Gators, and Caveman.

Edited by Wylte

19 hours ago, Wylte said:

There are no tables that are 32 or 64 bit, just those that push 4gb of memory (requiring x64 or modification) and those that don't.  There are some tables that have emulation issues with 64bit VPM, as well as special cases like p-roc.

From what I could find, the only tables that you might need 32-bit for are The Walking Dead, Cactus Canyon Continued, Baby Pacman, Granny and the Gators, and Caveman.

I guess my real question is: Is there a way that the content creators or site admins label or ID the tables that require VPX 64 bit? I'm just trying to configure my PinballX frontend accordingly and this would help when I'm updating or adding tables. 

Thanks

Edited by Goggles

9 hours ago, Goggles said:

I guess my real question is: Is there a way that the content creators or site admins label or ID the tables that require VPX 64 bit? I'm just trying to configure my PinballX frontend accordingly and this would help when I'm updating or adding tables. 

Thanks

If you have VPX 64bit installed and working then i'd suggest you make that the default version to launch in PinballX and use alternateexe for exceptions to launch tables that need 32bit.

Most of the issues with moving to 64bit are now resolved with later versions of flexdmd and vpinmame (so make sure you update those). The last major thing i know of is the atjit (? don't ask me!) stuff in x64 vpinmame for Stern roms, but you should be good with X64 as default for most tables.

My question wouldn't be which tables require VPX x64, but which tables require x32.

See @Wylte's list in the first reply for tables you'd want to run in x32.   Does anyone have any additions, i can't help thinking that there must be more Stern roms / tables affected?

Edited by scutters

12 hours ago, scutters said:

If you have VPX 64bit installed and working then i'd suggest you make that the default version to launch in PinballX and use alternateexe for exceptions to launch tables that need 32bit.

Most of the issues with moving to 64bit are now resolved with later versions of flexdmd and vpinmame (so make sure you update those). The last major thing i know of is the atjit (? don't ask me!) stuff in x64 vpinmame for Stern roms, but you should be good with X64 as default for most tables.

My question wouldn't be which tables require VPX x64, but which tables require x32.

See @Wylte's list in the first reply for tables you'd want to run in x32.   Does anyone have any additions, i can't help thinking that there must be more Stern roms / tables affected?

Got it, Thanks!!!!

On 9/22/2023 at 4:55 AM, Wylte said:

I ve found that star trek Le stern suffer from the same issue than the walking dead with huge slowdwon of the dmd and VPM but after a much longer time if you do great and long game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 12:55 PM, Wylte said:

GB? Does that work on 64 bit? Apart from CCC & TWD thats been my reason for retaining 32 bit (and 10.6 to be honest).

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

TWD tables themselves run fine in 64 bit. It's the colorized dmd that slows to a crawl in 64 bit for some reason. 

How long does it take to slow down because I played 8 minutes with Color Pac File with freezy and lucky1 files and no slow down at all using 64 Bit

11 minutes ago, outhere said:

How long does it take to slow down because I played 8 minutes with Color Pac File with freezy and lucky1 files and no slow down at all using 64 Bit

Thats FANTASTIC news @outhere, thanks!! It's been since early summer since I last tried it but the thread about the slowdown is here;

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/14118-the-walking-dead/?tab=comments#comment-42412

Given your positive testing I'm excited to give it another try!

Bah. Nope. twd-le color dmd still comes to a crawl in 64 bit.  Tested twd_156h and 160h. I tried with vpx 10.8 x6 1519, vpx 10.7.4 x64, vpinmame -sc 3.6-620 x64. Lucky newest dll's tested as well as Freezy's 2.2.2 snapshot 0. The dmd started slowing down during first ball and damn near completely stops the table itself. Running the EBisLit and SG1Bson tables.

x32 no problem however. Happy to hear its working for you though @outhere

Edited by Cliffy