Future Pinball question re lighting....

jdv

For some reason, all of my Future Pinball tables load in "dark mode"; they're always set to the darkest setting and not the normal default lighting (despite many failed attempts to save them at the correct setting).

I know I must be doing something stupid, but I'm too stupid to know what!  Any insight on how to change the lighting setting permanently either on a table-by-table basis or globally would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

• Content Provider
39 minutes ago, jdv said:

For some reason, all of my Future Pinball tables load in "dark mode"; they're always set to the darkest setting and not the normal default lighting (despite many failed attempts to save them at the correct setting).

I know I must be doing something stupid, but I'm too stupid to know what!  Any insight on how to change the lighting setting permanently either on a table-by-table basis or globally would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

If they are PinEvent tables.... they are forced to use specific lighting / post processing settings in the table script (as there is much more to the lighting than just the settings in the BAM mneu)... so your BAM settings will always get overridden by the table on startup for those tables (this was mentioned in each PinEvent table's Install Instructions / FAQ).

Edited by TerryRed

Is there anything that could have switched every FP table to the dimmest setting?  Weird that they all are exhibiting the same behavior.  Put another way, I didn't go into any of the table's scripts to change anything....

And thank you Terry for all you amazing work!

• Content Provider
20 minutes ago, jdv said:

Is there anything that could have switched every FP table to the dimmest setting?  Weird that they all are exhibiting the same behavior.  Put another way, I didn't go into any of the table's scripts to change anything....

And thank you Terry for all you amazing work!

Your BAM default settings may be set to Dark. (which would be applied to all tables when they load the first time)

Change BAM Default Settings.

- make the changes you want for your new default lighting and post processing settings (while playing a table)

- choose "Save as Default"

- all tables will use these settings the first time they are loaded (if there is no BAM CFG file for the table in BAM\CFG folder)

Reset a table's BAM settings

- when a table is loaded, in BAM choose Reset to Default (this applies the Default settings to the currently loaded table)

- or you can delete the table's CFG file in BAM \ CFG folder (then when the table loads, it makes a new CFG based on the default settings)