TAF table has lost SFX?

Spacegoogie

So this is the second time The Addams Family table had just lost all BG sounds.

Not sure what I did to fix last time this happened but I deleted the .cfg and the .nvram tried a different rom and rom will load but again no BG sound.

Any reason why this would happen or keep happening?

Thanks for any help!

its a vpinmame "issue", not vpx. the problem is that you probably don't have a center channel in your system.
there are several ways you could fix it:

1. you can use equalizerapo to reroute your center channel to front left and right.

2. use altsound packages, these are recorded in stereo, which routes the signals correct to front left and right speakers.

3. revert back to vpinmame 3.4 (i'm not 100% certain that will work but i read that it should)

13 minutes ago, Rappelbox said:

its a vpinmame "issue", not vpx. the problem is that you probably don't have a center channel in your system.
there are several ways you could fix it:

1. you can use equalizerapo to reroute your center channel to front left and right.

2. use altsound packages, these are recorded in stereo, which routes the signals correct to left and right speakers.

3. revert back to vpinmame 3.4 (i'm not 100% certain that will work but i read that it should)ft 

I was just going to report back, I used a Y cable and now mixing center  with LH and RH. Wow all the things I have been trying, and pulling out hair I don't even have. Thank you for your help! Gonna Try EQ  APO.

My next question(s) is, does the editor need to be open for this to work? Do I need to have this start up with windows? I see the correct config is loaded but no noticeable change.

I have tried with and without the Center Channel  enabled in windows 7.1 sound setup config but no sounds from center? I know Im doing something wrong lol.