Ipac Problems And Questions

Les73gtx

Sorry I don't know why I posted over at the other site .... :wacko:

Finished my wiring on my cabinet, at least enough to fire it up and configure iPac and Led-Wiz. I get the dreaded "unknown device" in windows for the iPac but the Led-Wiz installs fine. Under properties for the iPac in Device Manager it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.(Code 43)"

Reading the support page @ Ultimarc I do all the things listed and then go over to arcadecontrols forums and read the only post from the last 5 years about the iPac and unknown device install. Nadda nothing

I am controlling the 12 switches on my cabinet only and the iPac is in its own ground loop. If I measure for continuity with my ohm meter with everything wired I find that I have some kind of a reading from 22.447 to 26.576 between the ground and NO of the switches. This reading varies up and down for all 12 switches. If I take the ground off from the iPac itself all the switched go to off or no reading like they should. So I take the iPac and test with no connections at all, No ps2/usb cable nothing, from the ground of the iPac to any of the other ports I get the same reading that I got at the switches.

Is this correct? Why would I get a reading of continuity from the ground to the ports and if that is correct then why else will this thing not install?

I have already sent Andy a email and he did reply but it was just a generic question as to how I was connecting it and what cable I used. He also confirmed the LED status.

""Leslie,

If the LED is flashing twice then staying lit it means it has detected a PS/2 interface. Is this correct? Is it connected to PS/2 or USB, and if USB are you using the cable we supply?

Andy""

That is all I have heard from him. I really need to get this up and running for a thanksgiving reveal to the extended family, I got 7 days.

Thanks for your help

Update, after emailing Andy @ Ultimarc a few times, he is sending out a new iPac for me to try. I got some help from vpforums and did some troubleshooting and I think it is just faulty. Crossing my fingers that it gets here for my reveal to the extended family.

My other question that I just posted over on Hyperspin is about my LedWiz/GP ver 4.3 .... Does anyone have a program tool that will allow the device to control my buttons? According to the GGG website it is supposed to be able to control 12 buttons, but how do I program it? The wiring I get, wire in ground loop, if the instruction are right on the website. Just like the iPac but the 2 config tools that I see neither one has a option to program button control. In fact I don't see how to control a single LED for my flippers either only RGB.

So anyone with some experience with Button control and LedWiz I sure could use some help

Thank you

• Administrators

you don't have to program the buttons on the LedWiz GP.  GP stands for gamepad and the LedWiz should show up under game controllers in windows.  As far as I know you can't change the mapping of the buttons.

It shows up under devices as undefined so windows won't let me configure it as a game pad to test input buttons. I have tried different drivers but they all fail to install. Do we know what driver I can force win7 to install so it is seen as a GP?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Well after chatting with Randy @ GGG the LedWiz that I ordered and received is a normal LedWiz even though the PCB board itself says "LedWiz/GP ver 4.3" so I was confused.

I did order a keywiz40 from them in hopes it gets here fast.

The software looks really easy and user friendly, I like that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

UPDATE >>> Received the new iPac late yesterday and got it all installed, the replacement works perfectly with no issues. Was able to get it all installed and programmed in less than a hour

:D  :D    I just want to add a HUGE thank you to Andy @ Ultimarc !!! Not only did he give some great support but got the device to me FAST so I could show off my cabinet for the holiday.

Also thank you to all that offered help and info.

Les

Archived