i want Trasnsporter The Rescue's standard two alphanumeric displays back

Octom

Running vpx on a 24" cab with a 2 screen setup, trying to get Transporter The Return (what an awesome table) sorted. My preference is the 2 single line alphanumeric displays like in the actual table, and I had it...until dragging to resize accidentally scaled one of them way too large (like taking up the whole monitor), and now they've both disappeared and will never come back. I can see that they exist in the windows taskbar, but nothing I do will make them visible in game again.

I have tried every combination of dmd settings in both the F1 vpx menu, and the right click d2b menu, both in and out of exclusive full screen.

I have tried resetting everything by removing the table, rom, nvram, config, and registry file. This is driving me up the fucking wall, cuz i JUST had it working fine, and because of some dumb slip of the mouse it's now become a weeklong troubleshooting issue...

Any help would be great.

6 hours ago, Octom said:

Running vpx on a 24" cab with a 2 screen setup, trying to get Transporter The Return (what an awesome table) sorted. My preference is the 2 single line alphanumeric displays like in the actual table, and I had it...until dragging to resize accidentally scaled one of them way too large (like taking up the whole monitor), and now they've both disappeared and will never come back. I can see that they exist in the windows taskbar, but nothing I do will make them visible in game again.

I have tried every combination of dmd settings in both the F1 vpx menu, and the right click d2b menu, both in and out of exclusive full screen.

I have tried resetting everything by removing the table, rom, nvram, config, and registry file. This is driving me up the fucking wall, cuz i JUST had it working fine, and because of some dumb slip of the mouse it's now become a weeklong troubleshooting issue...

Any help would be great.

Thats a function of the tablename.res or screenres.txt. Open in notepad and make sure the screen size in in res file matches your actual screen size.

Hey thanks for the help, I fixed it in the .ini file...buuut, now I have a new problem: the other d2b DMD won't go away (not the Vpx one), and if I uncheck "use external DMD" everything goes..I only want the alphanumeric display. Any ideas?

7 hours ago, Octom said:

Hey thanks for the help, I fixed it in the .ini file...buuut, now I have a new problem: the other d2b DMD won't go away (not the Vpx one), and if I uncheck "use external DMD" everything goes..I only want the alphanumeric display. Any ideas?

If you're using freezy's external alphanumerics then these lines should be in your dmddevice.ini under the rom name for that table tsptr_l3.

alphanumeric enabled = true
virtualdmd enabled = false

maybe snap a pic of what the problem looks like as I'm guessing now :)

hmm, adding the lines to ini didn't work (even after finding and deleting another old dmddevice.ini lurking in a subfolder), but switching b2s files I was able to resolve it a different way. Thanks for the help. On to the next problem..