VPX 10.8 Table Orientation

bcarter1234

Apologies if this is a really basic question. Feel free to point me to a thread or tutorial. 

In order to play some of the wonderful new tables I installed 10.8 and vpinmame v3.6. Tables load and look ready to play but they are sideways on the playfield monitor with the DMD and BG as if I'm using a landscape monitor.

The "older" tables continue to display properly using 10.7. New 10.8 tables if launched in 10.7 give error messages but still launch in the correct orientation with some features disabled. Is there a global change I need to make to get them to work on the pincab or do I need to change some settings on each individual title?

Thanks for your help.

Take care,

Brent

• Content Provider

Check your video settings in VPX 10.8, especially the "Use always FS" tickbox.

10.8 stores settings separately from 10.7, so they likely just aren't set the same as your 10.7 install.

Perfect, that problem is solved. I've got the DMD located properly except for World Challenge Soccer which gives an error message "No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found"

None of the 10.8 titles display the BG when opened in 10.8. Is it another setting I should already know? 😉 Sorry for my short term memory.

Thanks again.

Brent

I'm starting to sound like a broken record. After installing the latest B2SServer BG is now working fine on JP's Deadpool and VPW LOTR. Both are fabulous by the way.

The remaining issue is no SSF. I'll keep digging as that is probably something I'm missing as well.

On the plus side many tables in 10.7 where the SSF feels great often put some of the table sounds through the back box speakers causing a lot of distortion.

In 10.8 where I have no SSF to the exciters, the combined table sounds, call outs and music coming through the back box speakers have no distortion.

In case this is the problem here is what my files look like.

Folder Visual Pinball contains VPX 10.8 as VPinballX64 and VPX 10.7 as VPinballX

Folder Visual Pinball/Tables8/B2SServer contains the new B2S files

Folder Visual Pinball/Table8 contains three 10.8 titles and their B2S files

Folder Visual Pinball/Tablez contains all my 10.7 titles and their B2S files

I'm not currently using a front end for any of the tables, just launching by double clicking or opening the correct VPX window first.