7.1 not working properly (backbox speakers)

DBrown67

OK guys, not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum. Apologies if not (mod to move?)

I'm at my wits end with this now. I just cannot get the sound to come out of the speakers correctly when I test it in Win10.

My setup is a 5.1 system to operate the sub and 4x exciters in the cab. Then there is a separate 2.1 system for the backbox with integrated sub.

Yesterday I upgraded my CPU. I had to update the BIOS, but I touched nothing in the software or in Windows. The CPU install went fine, except my sound option in Win10 had reverted to standard stereo.

I had to reconfigure Equalizer APO so that it was "installed" to the Realtek speakers, but the settings within Eq.APO, PinVol and Thump were left unchanged.

So that's the background.

When I go to set 7.1 in Windows and play it back, the centre channel and backbox right speaker do not work correctly.

I get the backbox left speaker OK, then backbox right is silent, then centre comes out of backbox left. I have centre speaker unchecked in the settings, so that shouldn't even be working. I don't have a centre speaker.

The exciters and in cab sub from the 5.1 system are all correct. It's just the backbox that will not configure correctly.

I followed the Pinscape guide which talked about altering some settings on the "Enhancements Tab" in the Win10 sound section. But I do not have this TAB. It does not exist.

(EDIT:  I manged to get this tab back following a video on YT. I had to update the Realtek High Definition drivers in a strange way.)

Also, this cabinet never connects to the internet, so a Windows update is out of the question. That will mess more up, but it did work before the CPU upgrade.

I just need to get those backbox speakers configured correctly.

Edited by DBrown67

• DBrown67 changed the title to 7.1 not working properly (backbox speakers)

EDIT:  Even if I set the Win10 sound to just stereo (so knocking out the 5.1 system altogether) the right speaker in the back box does not work. I get left only.

I also noticed that since I updated the High Def. drivers the Realtek sound driver was not at the latest date. I'd just done that before (dated 1 week ago).

So I updated that again.... and now the Enhancements is gone once more.  😫