Masters of the Universe - Collector's Edition

TerryRed

• Content Provider
Posted (edited)

WORK IN PROGRESS

New - Mekaneck toy, and other cool new features!

=================================

New Mekaneck toy!

I added Mekaneck to the playfield. He will raise his robotic / periscope long neck whenever the ball goes down the castle ramp, and follows the ball a bit.

I may add a new feature called "Mekaneck Mystery" which will either give you a random Mystery reward, or may enable / start something new on the playfield.

============================

Launch Perks

Another new feature I've added (but can't really show yet) are Launch Perks. When you start a new ball, similar to Sonic Pinball Mania, you see perks randomly cycle. When you press the action / launch button, whichever perk is highlighted is what you get as the ball launches. This really allows for more dynamic gameplay, as this means that some modes can be instantly "ready" and active, waiting for one more shot to start them. Or you could get possible rewards such as more Orko shots, an Extra Ball, etc.

It was tricky to do, but I made sure that the order of the random perks doesn't repeat, but it's still random each time it cycles through all options.

The other thing I did was make sure that if a mode has been completed, then that perk will no longer be one of the options, so as to not waste a perk for each ball, and to narrow down the options, etc. This makes for great gameplay progression.

Choose your Faction

At the start of the game... you get to choose what faction you get to play. The options are:

HEROIC WARRIORS (He-Man, etc)
EVIL WARRIORS (Skeletor, etc)
THE EVIL HORDE (Hordak, etc)

What faction you choose will determine the following (so far):

- what characters you get to choose for your player
- the appearance of your ball (this can be overridden in TABLE OPTIONS, and you can have whatever you want, no matter the faction)
- some changes to the playfield appearance

Choose your character

- whatever faction you choose will determine what character you can choose for your player
- game is single player only (very complex table to add more players to), but if that ever changes this would be add some fun to that
- this is more for fun currently, but I hope to add some perks or one time bonus for each character

This all really adds so much more to the game for fun and visually (when I'm done)... so expect to see even more cool stuff coming!

Edited by TerryRed

Posted (edited)

Again, this MotU Table is AWESOME! 

I think it's more than great that you implement so many modes. I think the table will be difficult to beat, but that makes it even more exciting. Better this way than just the table looking like MotU.

Edited by DerSchlachter