Help: Slow table startup in VPX (only with DOF enabled)

bele2009

Hello all.

I would like to pick your brain on a tough one here... This has been bothering me for a while, my VPX (10.7.) is very slow at rendering tables. When loading withing popper for example, most loading videos loop 1 or 2 times before I can finally see the table.  

Yesterday I made an interecting discovery while testing VPX 10.8 in a separate folder. I had only the files taht came with the latest package on GitHub (SCRIPTS, TABLE, and DLLs). No "Plugin" folder hence no "DOF" shortcut... 

This setup is a blast! Tables load and display withing seconds. Initially I taught this was due to 10.8, hoever if I rename my “DirectOutput” folder to something else, VPX no longer finds DOF and obviously I no longer have DOF (No LEDS and No toys) but tables are extremely fast to load.

So this proves DOF starting makes VPX stall after the "Rendering Table..." phase. With no DOF evrything is lightling fast.  What is going on here? Please share any insight you may have.

I have a very decent PC, 13th Gen i7, M.2 SSD, 32Gb RAM, Gost Spectre W11 (Bare bone).

Thanks