Which to Buy? Arcade 1Up or AtLegends?

FieryPhoenix

I love playing pinball on my PC desktop but it is not the same as a cab!

So I am looking at purchasing one.  I dont have the skills to build one and arthritic hands do not halp - plus cannot see any custom build ones to order anywhere in the UK (may be wrong)

So basically it is a toss up between Arcade 1Up or AtLegends - or see another custom build on for sale 2nd hand.

If it is between Arcade 1Up and AtLegends, I would be swayed more by the AtLegends one as the Arcade 1Up has a fixed backglass depending on what you buy (I know you can put your own monitor in if needed) but overall I think AtLegends edges it, bigger screen, etc - would you agree?

I would guess it is also easier to mod from what I have read up on - can plug a laptop / PC into it ready to play your own tables.

I guess not to difficult to do then and would presume (correct me if I am wrong) that you can get the PUP Videos playing on the backglass as well?  Will the colourised DMD's work?  I am guessing that just appears on a separate window you would display on the backglass - it does not change on the actual DMD screen on the machine?

Any other advice appreciated

Thankyou

Edited by FieryPhoenix

• FieryPhoenix changed the title to Which to Buy? Arcade 1Up or AtLegends?

The AtGames, while it will require an added VIBs board to bring the backglass along, happens to allow for "gradated" upgrading because of the On The Go functionality in it, while an Arcade1Up, in order to play other tables, basically requires an immediate and total commitment to gutting and reworking. AtGames, you can definitely put off that moment for a while.

Yeah was thinking that the Arcade 1Up does not seem the best for modding

Was not aware of the need for that board - thought may have been as simple as plug and play and it all displays on your backglass / PUP videos  / colour DMD (such a noob)

Maybe best to wait for a second hand custom built Virtual Pinball for sale, unless there is a cheap AtLegends one going

• 6 months later...
On 7/19/2023 at 8:23 AM, FieryPhoenix said:

Yeah was thinking that the Arcade 1Up does not seem the best for modding

Was not aware of the need for that board - thought may have been as simple as plug and play and it all displays on your backglass / PUP videos  / colour DMD (such a noob)

Maybe best to wait for a second hand custom built Virtual Pinball for sale, unless there is a cheap AtLegends one going

The 1up is wonderful for modding. You don't use the stock screens besides the dmd but it makes a more realistic looking cabinet than the atgames. I fit a 32" screen in mine and looks and plays wonderfully.

189381468_10225387691380176_7745690816166124281_n.jpg