Cannot Get Ledwiz To Work

SteveB69

I'm having major problems getting ledwiz to work since I installed a replacement for the my old ledwiz.

Am trying this using DOF & Legacy.

I have one ledwiz called Dev 2. As this is my only Ledwiz I have been told by Randy at GroovyGame that this should still work ok.

If I run DirectOutput configuration test & select Activate All, then all comes on. Same again if I do it under the Lum Aura control panel.

I've un-installed & re-installed VP, tables folders

Registered .ocx files countless times

Checked no .dlls are blocked

& tried everything I can think of or has been suggested.

Nothing will work when I run tables, for now I am just using Cactus Canyon & Medieval Madness to test.

Also I have read that you should be able to open the DOF front end from within the B2SBackglassServer, however I have no option to do that, I am running B2S Backglass Server 1.3.0.1

My folders have

Visual Pinball - Tables - plugins - DirectOutput

Anyone any ideas & would anyone be willing to team viewer to my PC & see if they can spot what I am doing wrong?

Update:

Question.

I am trying to use the DOF.

From the Ledwiz Config Tool page should I still download & install the Legacy Framework Files.

Updated Core

Ledwiztoolbo

Ledwiz OCX Binary

Ledcontrol.vbs

Have found that when I do download & place these in the tables folder, my VP hangs on loading with a Rendering Animation box that just sits there for ever.

Hi Greg, any chance of a tad more help. I did try to PM you but its saying you can't receive any more personal meesages?

All is good but I have one contactor, one backglass led & 2 strobes that aren't working with my set up, they work under the lum aura control panel so are wired in correctly but they don't work in game. Any ideas?

• Content Provider

Your have bumper left bumper center and bumper right mapped twice. You can only have it mapped once. Fix that and try generating new config.

Also, why do you have a drop down for ledwiz1? You are running 1 board so change your led config settings to reflect that.

Did what you suggested Greg & kinda solved it.

Despite having My Account - Number Of Ledwiz devices set to 1, the tables are reading Dev 2.

When I deleted directoutputconfig2.ini all my Ledwiz stopped working.

Enabled it again & all was working as should, all contactors, strobes etc.

So somewhere DOF is reading Dev 2, how do I get it to read only Dev 1?

• Content Provider

Well, DOF can do autodetection of the connected ledwiz devices. Each ledwiz has a deivicenumber between 1 and 16.

If you connect only one ledwiz, which has device number 2, DOF will try to match a ini file with number 2 with that ledwiz.

You have 4 options to make this setup working:

1. Have 2 ledwiz devices defined in the config tool and configure only device 2. Like that you will get 2 config files, one without any meaningfull settings in it (DOF doesn't care) and a second file with the settings for your ledwiz.  That is probably the easiest way.
  2. Have only 1 ledwiz defined in the config tool and rename the downloaded file after the download to have number 2 (directoutputconfig2.ini).
  3. Have 1 device defined in the ledwiz config tool a create a golbal config file which maps the directoutputconfig.ini to ledwiznumber 2. Details can be found here: http://directoutput.github.io/DirectOutput/globalconfig.html#globalconfig_ledcontrol
  4. Create a cabinet config file which defines a ledwiz output controller with number 2 and a ledwizequivalent toy with number 1 which matches the outputs of the defined ledwiz. Like that you can have 1 ledwiz in the config tool and after the download everything will work as it should.

• 4 weeks later...

I've also had ZERO luck getting DOF to work on my machine.  I've tried everything.  Anyone out there willing to log into my system to help me?  Myself and a buddy of mine have gone though each step of the manual with a fine tooth comb to no avail...

SOS.... please

Brent

Archived