My basic foldaway pincab

benge

First of all, I want to thank everyone who makes this hobby possible. You are all geniuses in my book. Thankyou.

I got into this hobby by accident back during the first lockdown. That is when I took on the challenge to build my own virtual pinball cab. I was not sure I would be able to understand all the software steps and hurdles I would come across. I built my cab in about 2 days with the basic of tools. The virtual pinball side of things took me about 3 months to get it the way I wanted. But thanx to the fantastic pinball community I got there. The first 2 pictures show my cab when I first built it. I have a small mancave with full size slate pool/dining table, darts, jukebox and 8ft wall mounted motorised projection screen for all the live sports. I mention these because I realised a while back that the pinball cab was taking up too much space. If I wanted to play pool then the cab had to be moved out of the mancave. Well a while back I decided to try and make a fold away cab. I cannibalised the original cab last week and ended up with what you see in the photos. I use a 40" 4k tv for playfield, 22" monitor for backglass and a 19" Marquee monitor for DMD. Because the playfield screen is 40" that dictates the height I had to attach it to the wall. I know you purists out there won`t like the angle of the playfield, but I can live with it as I play purely for fun. The legs fold underneath the cab when folded away. I did everything on the hoof, no plans, just made it up as I went along. Yeah, I know you can tell.πŸ˜‚

Β 

Thankyou again everyone contributes to this brilliant community.

benge.

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5088.jpg

IMG_5089.jpg

Hi Benge: Looks great to meπŸ‘πŸ‘ I built a similar machine that folds down and rolls away. I certainly understand the problem of getting the playfield height correct, I used a 32" display and due to my rolling cabinet it was tricky. I assume your pc is inside the bottom cabinet, that is how I did mine. Have you had any issues with heat dissipation? The temperature inside my cabinet was climbing enough for the fan to kick in so I ended up putting in a intake fan.Β  I will attach a picture of my build.

Completed Pinball Machine (6).jpg

Completed Pinball Machine (3).jpg

Sorry for late reply. I`ve been away all week with the grandkids. Your build is a more superior build than mine. Very impressed. Yeah my pc is in the little box on the wall, it has a fan drawing in cold air and there is an open end on the left hand side. So no problems yet getting the warm air out. I need to find a way of "locking" the legs in place when I am playing the table. At the minute one kick of those legs and the table will drop like a wrecking ball. They fold under no problem as they are attached by hinges. I`ve seen lockable hinges but when the table is folded away the cabinet would stick out from the wall at a silly angle. I`ll keep googling for a solution.