Ledwiz Not Working

SteveB69

I've just bought 2 new ledwiz to replace the one that I blew!

Both of the new ledwiz are labelled Dev 2 if that is relevant. (My old one was Dev 1)

As I previously had a working ledwiz I haven't done anything software wise, but wiring in the new ledwiz doesn't work.

Start buton.

If I touch the ground to the 5v on the ledwiz it works fine, bulb lights but when I wire it in to Port 1 (I've tried other ports) & use the Ledwiz Toolbox Lamura Control Panel it does not turn on the Start bulb.

Likewise for anything else I add to the ledwiz ports.

Any suggestions / help would be much appreciated?

• Content Provider

The LEDWiz boards need to be programmed an ID number. Example if your running 2 boards you need a one and two ID board otherwise it wont work. Yes its stupid and no you cant update the firmware yourself, you have to send it back to Randy to reprogram.

The script that is sending instructions to the LEDwiz is looking for a LEDwiz with address 1. As Brent said, if you want to use your new LEDwiz, either send it back to Randy for reprogramming or take a look at Direct Output software. I think that it may have a way to talk to more than one LEDwiz.

Thanks for the help peeps, I'm still stuck though...

1. Can I use my old ledwiz which is device 1 & then use ledwiz two, if so how as at the moment I have both plugged in but my control panel isn't lighting anything?

2. I received a ledwiz87Dev2._zp file from groovygame gear to help but I have no idea what to do with it, I am unfamiliar with the extension, windows doesn't know what to do with it?

3. I just went to download DOF & the link took me to http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php ie the ledwiz configuration files I already have, I've been using the Ledwiz Control Panel Beta 87. Is that DOF in which case I already have or can anyone give me the correct link?

4. Using the LumAura Control panel, how do you test the ledwiz on the 2nd board as I can't see any option to go the 2nd ledwiz?

Help, I'm missing my lights & contactors :-(

2.  rename  ledwiz87Dev2._zp to  ledwiz87Dev2.zip, this was done so that some firewalls/emails/proxies don't allow downloads of zip files so just rename the zip to something else.

still waiting to hook up my 2nd ledwiz bard (It is ID#2), and I know it should work fine with DOF, but unsure how to do this

>>>2.  rename  ledwiz87Dev2._zp to  ledwiz87Dev2.zip, this was done so that some firewalls/emails/proxies don't allow downloads of zip files so just rename the zip to something else.I figured that one out & renamed, wish they had told me that when they sent the file through, would have saved a lot of time, thanks for the tip.

That sorted everything out & so far I seem to have a fully working Dev 2 ledwiz, just finishing off the wiring & hopefully all will work game wise :-)

Thanks for the help guys.

Aha, not working.

Well my ledwiz now works via the lumaura control panel but when I try to load any games in VP, VP hangs on rendering animation & goes no further.

If I comment out core.vbs - 'LoadScript("ledcontrol.vbs"):Err.Clear ' Checks for existance of ledcontrol.vbs and loads it if found, if found but no ledwiz installed, clear error to allow loading of table

Then the table loads & plays but no ledwiz support.

Also in PinballX I am getting the error Mictorsoft Console Based Script Host has stopped working.

this never happened before I installed / updated the 2nd ledwiz?

My ledwiz is Dev 2, but is the only ledwiz device connected, should this work with legacy or direct output? I've tried both using the ledwiz config tool at VPUniverse.

Blimey this was so much easier when I first set up ledwiz.

>>>Did you setup your ledwiz amount in your account in configtool, and the port assignments related on the port assignments tab?

Yes I set up ledwiz in the config tool & the port assignment, I have tried setting it up as number 1 ledwiz & number 2 ledwiz. 

Archived