Would a "Performance Improvement" section be worthwhile?

It has always surprised me that there is no definitive guide for performance improvement but I suspect that is because suggestions that work for one person's machine do not necessarily help others. This is borne out by often contradictory advice in different threads e.g. do use PinAffinity/don't use PinAffinity, set all screen refresh rates to the same/ensure refresh rates are different and ideally prime numbers, etc.

If it is impossible to create a definitive guide, would it be useful to have a forum section for performance? This would reduce community members missing potentially useful advice because it happens to be buried in a thread for a table they are not having an issue with but may also reduce load on the site by reducing repetition of advice in different threads for different tables.

Given the different experiences, it may be helpful to have the forum section as a poll ideally with a template to encourage one suggestion per poll. Community users could then vote to identify whether this suggestion helped them or did not help and the most significant advice would become clearer.

e.g.

Performance Poll: Fresh install of Windows before clean install of Pinup Popper

Further Detail: blah blah blah

• This helped performance
  • This made no significant improvement in performance
  • This degraded performance

Performance Poll: Disable antivirus

Further Detail: blah blah blah

• This helped performance
  • This made no significant improvement in performance
  • This degraded performance

Would this be of help? Or is someone going to point me at a performance guide I've somehow missed and make me look daft 😄 ?

Thanks @TheBackglassGuy.

I'd intended the suggestion to be about creating a single place to look for performance advice as a kind of wiki with voting simply to score the most effective advice. It doesn't seem to be a popular idea though. Fair enough.

Your concise advice on maximising performance is really appreciated though.

Cheers.