Can Steam version of Pinball FX be added to Pinup Popper?

Everly

Like many other, I failed to see much value in switching over to FX from FX3, and having the new platform exclusively on EPIC made it that much easier.  Now that FX in available on Steam (where it should have been to start with) and there are new tables only available on FX, I've downloaded it to my cab and can play tables that are launched from within the platform.  So the next logical step is to get FX set up in Pinup Popper so those new tables can be launched from Nailbuster's excellent front end.  I figured I would just need to modify the emulator settings for FX3 to get it to work.....I was wrong.

The Steam version of FX looks nothing like FX3.  I'm not 100% certain of where the tables are located in the directory structure.  I see PAK files but the file names are not descriptive so I'm not sure if that is the right folder or not.  I know EPIC's file extension was url, but I don't believe that is the case with the Steam version.

I know the platform is only a couple days old on Steam so it may take some time to figure out mechanics, I just wanted to make sure I stayed up to date on its status and if there is a particular post I should be keeping an eye on or if Nailbuster's site would be the first and best place information will be available.

Thank you in advance to Nailbuster who is always been helpful as well as TerryRed and MajorFrenchy whose videos and tutorials have been fundamental in getting my cabinet operating even better than I had envisioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, I've also found myself here as I've just been granted all the tables I've purchased at Epic and picked up those I needed to complete the set.  About to dive into Popper and see if I can get this sucker to do something within the frontend.  Figured I'd poke around and see what's come of adding FX to Popper and here we are.  Will report back if I can make tails of it.

Stay tuned.

EDIT:  After about an hour...here I am.  I can successfully open and close FX with Steam and exit.  I have noticed the PAK files do in fact correlate with the tables and their respective numbers.  1/2/4/6/7/10/12 ect.  There are 2 files for each...one is massive in filesize and the other is not which has the 'optional' flag in the name. (pic) Opening the files directly is where this party bus stops as I'm sure most of you already know, but I haven't seen any discussion towards it now that FX is availiable on steam.  I can't quite figure the switch out within popper that calls for -table_[GAMENAME] (pic)  Can someone explain HOW this works so we can get a better understanding of it's treatment towards FX3/FX2 after it opens so it can be modified for FX?  Here are some screen grabs to show what I've discussed. 

Let's kick this around a bit, eh?

2023-05-0505_28_47-ChromeRemoteDesktop-PINBALLMACHINE.thumb.png.7fd60a048b50e9f9dcf68d1c83782b0a.png 

2023-05-0505_24_27-ChromeRemoteDesktop-PINBALLMACHINE.thumb.png.6f54a4e1dabc3d303d4857b2a1205bdd.png2023-05-0505_24_46-ChromeRemoteDesktop-PINBALLMACHINE.thumb.png.a02b497215d890326c7cdf01effdd0f4.png

3 hours ago, BrandonLaw said:

After about an hour...here I am.  I can successfully open and close FX with Steam and exit.  I have noticed the PAK files do in fact correlate with the tables and their respective numbers.  1/2/4/6/7/10/12 ect.  There are 2 files for each...one is massive in filesize and the other is not which has the 'optional' flag in the name. (pic) Opening the files directly is where this party bus stops as I'm sure most of you already know, but I haven't seen any discussion towards it now that FX is availiable on steam.  I can't quite figure the switch out within popper that calls for -table_[GAMENAME] (pic)  Can someone explain HOW this works so we can get a better understanding of it's treatment towards FX3/FX2 after it opens so it can be modified for FX?  Here are some screen grabs to show what I've discussed.

As of today (May 5th), Zen's FX Cabinet Mode doesn't support direct table launching from command line like FX3 did, although they claim it's coming, so right now there is no version of that parameter that will work with Pinball FX. There is an AHK solution to the problem right now, but that's basically running additional scripts.