Missing DMDs in VR

Hey all -

Hoping someone can clue me into what I am missing. I recently upgraded my cabinet to 64-bit, acquired a Meta Quest 2 VR headset, and started my VPVR adventure. Got everything upgraded and working in 64-bit for non-VR; B2S, external DMD, etc. Unfortunately when I play tables in VR I see a backglass, but no DMD. I have tested with the new VPW Big Bang Bar release as well as a couple older tables like Medieval Madness. The DMDs work just fine in non-VR mode, but I get nothing in VR. I have the VR settings to capture both the backglass and external DMD enabled. Not sure what else I am missing. Anyone have any suggestions???

- Visual Pinball GL x64 ver. 10.8.0-775

- VPinMAME x86 & x64 ver. 3.6

- DmdDevice x86 & x64 ver. 2.0

OculusScreenshot1680663021.jpeg

Edited by misfit

On 4/4/2023 at 10:56 PM, misfit said:

Hey all -

Hoping someone can clue me into what I am missing. I recently upgraded my cabinet to 64-bit, acquired a Meta Quest 2 VR headset, and started my VPVR adventure. Got everything upgraded and working in 64-bit for non-VR; B2S, external DMD, etc. Unfortunately when I play tables in VR I see a backglass, but no DMD. I have tested with the new VPW Big Bang Bar release as well as a couple older tables like Medieval Madness. The DMDs work just fine in non-VR mode, but I get nothing in VR. I have the VR settings to capture both the backglass and external DMD enabled. Not sure what else I am missing. Anyone have any suggestions???

- Visual Pinball GL x64 ver. 10.8.0-775

- VPinMAME x86 & x64 ver. 3.6

- DmdDevice x86 & x64 ver. 2.0

OculusScreenshot1680663021.jpeg

Even though you have the Capture External DMD checked in the VR Options, press F1 with the table loaded and make sure "Use External DMD"  is selected there too.

5 hours ago, studlygoorite said:

Even though you have the Capture External DMD checked in the VR Options, press F1 with the table loaded and make sure "Use External DMD"  is selected there too.

Is it recommend to do this in pinmame > setup.exe > setup defaults > Use External DMD  ? (for all tables)

BTW: thank you so much for youre supprt you give here an there and everywhere :)  

Edited by forbeatn

58 minutes ago, forbeatn said:

Is it recommend to do this in pinmame > setup.exe > setup defaults > Use External DMD  ? (for all tables)

BTW: thank you so much for youre supprt you give here an there and everywhere :)  

Yep it is recommended if using Freezy especially. What are yuou using in your cab for a DMD, Real or LCD? And np, I share what little I know :)  because everyone should experience these wonderful tables in VR

On 4/9/2023 at 10:33 AM, studlygoorite said:

I know the tables I have been attempting to test VR with have the "Use External DMD" table option selected, but I tried to verify just to be sure. Unfortunately, hitting F1 while the table is running in VR doesn't do anything; no menu pops up or anything. Works perfectly fine if running standard VP, just not VPVR. Weird...

Edited by misfit

Another way to check it is to run the "Setup.exe" for VPinMAME found in your VPinMAME Folder, click "setup defaults" and make sure "Use External DMD (dll)" is selected there. Other than that you could try another build other than v775, there were issues just before that build with DMDs and after so it couldn't hurt. I am on v925 right now. One last thing, if you are running the "pac" files for color DMDs I have heard of people having issues with their DMDs in VR because of it. Not sure if there was a fix for it though but you could come ask in the Virtual Pinball Group Discord here https://discord.gg/cQaFjdDWdS