Crazy Cats Demo Derby

MuZRoku

Hey all, here's a look at my current pintable I've been working on the past few months, Crazy Cats Demo Derby.

Crazy Cats is my second table for VPX. It's intended as an 80s Williams System-9 style game with LED score displays as well as a running jackpot on the backglass. This table is dedicated to longtime friends who have effectively become family to me who are or have been part a demolition derby team out of the town of Monroe, WI called the Crazy Cats. These guys have been running derbies for over 30 years spanning two generations.

The theme is running in a demolition derby, something I personally haven't seen much of in either real or virtual pinball. The idea in Crazy Cats is to acquire, build, and run a derby car to run in the next derby. Completing these heavily involves shooting the blue Garage targets on the mid-right portion of the table to open up the Garage itself. Then you put the ball into the Garage to progress. These are indicated by the Stage lights on the playfield. Progression through Heats are indicated by the Heat lights on the playfield.

Stage 1: Acquire your derby car by opening up and shooting the Garage for 50,000 points and adding 50,000 to the Heat Jackpot.
Stage 2: Build and set up your derby car by shooting the garage and starting a 2-ball multiball. Shoot lit shots for jackpots. Complete a certain number of ramp shots and spinners for additional awards.
Stage 3: Run your next derby heat by locking three balls to start a 3-ball multiball where you can score the running Heat Jackpot on the jackpot display.

Complete two Heat Multiballs and go through the Stages to set up the table for the 4-ball Feature Heat. Score 2 Heat Jackpots during the Feature Heat to light the Trophy that must be collected before losing the ball. The Trophy currently scores 1,000,000 points plus the total of the jackpots scored during the Feature Heat, maximum 9,000,000 points. There are also two other multiballs to play (a 2-ball called Salvage Multiball and a 3-ball called Boogie Multiball) that have score objectives and can help build the Heat Jackpot..

Hopefully I am able to convert this basic demo-derby idea into a fun-to-play pinball.

Pretty much all the code and functions are done at this point. I still have testing and debugging/tweaking/adjusting still to do. I'm also still thinking of things to possibly add. Currently I'm looking at releasing sometime late spring or early summer.

Take Care

Crazy Cats FS Playfield.png

Crazy Cats DT Screenshot.png

Crazy Cats B2S Backglass.png