[New VP10 Alert] Elvis (Stern 2004) MOD 2.0

Elvis (Stern 2004) MOD 2.0

Viva Las Vegas!

As usual, I didnt plan it. Elvis is one of my all time favourite tables and 
I was planning to add nFozzy physics, Fleep sounds, and ended up as always. Of course, a lot of great people from the VP community help me with big and small things.
So we have Elvis MOD 2.0. :)

Changes and additions:

- new playfield
- 3D inserts (playfield, backwall)
- Flupper's flashers (modulated!)
- nFozzys physics
- Fleep's sounds
- target  bouncer
- drop targets
- dynamic shadows
- rebuilt flat/wire ramps (shape, textures...)
- new lighting
- sideblades reflections, ramp walls reflections
- new bulbs
- new hound dog physic
- rebuilt, added, repositioned a lot of table elements (gates, rubbers, screws, walls...)
- domes wires, yellow plastics
- Gole Edition MOD
- Vegas MOD
- VR Room
- playfield mesh and kicker physics
- new materials
- a lot of things I dont remember

Special thanks to:
- TastyWasps (VR Room...)
- RAWD (VR testing, code, corrections, domes yellowplastics...)
- apophis (playfield mesh, code, tips n tricks, new dog physic...)
- Wylte (dynamic shadows, tips n tricks...)
- Sixtoe (corrections, some visual things, code, tips n tricks...)
- nFozzy (PWMflashers flashers, code, tips n tricks...)
- HauntFreaks (great looking backwall image from not good resources...)
- BountyBob, PinStratsDan (testing, tips n tricks...)
- Primetime5k (staged flippers, testing)

I hope I did not miss anyone (if that happened I should be ashamed). Thank you again for your help and support!

********** IMPORTANT **********************************************

"VPinMAME  ver 3.6 beta or later is required. Or set script option PWMflashers = False"

---------- MOD 1.0 (2018) INFO ----------

Big thanks to:
- JP (his great Elvis table, new Elvis dance code and the whole his contribution to the development of Visual Pinball)
- DjRobX (flupper's flashers)
- flupper1 (playfield shadows, bumper caps and lighting, flat ramp textures and many, many tips and hints I can not mention)
- Tom Tower (new Elvis, apron primitive, other stuff from his tables and many tips)
- Hauntfreaks (lighting tips, materials tips, instruction card)
- Dids666 (3D stuff tips...)
- everybody who helped me...

Changes:
- apron primitive (Tom Tower), apron graphic
- playfield shadows and material
- bumper caps and lighting
- flipper bats (flupper1)
- new Elvis (Tom Tower)
- ramp materials and textures
- ball shadow (ninuzzu)
- some plastic stuff
- modified some elements textures
- small items have been added and changed/moved (screws, walls, plates, brackets, gates, rubbers, ball ...)
- a lot of changes in the table sounds, in particular flat and wire ramps (some sound tables will seem too loud / too strong for you but in my opinion it adds reality and feel that the ball is heavy ...
- new physics
- some other changes that I do not remember;)

Have a nice game :)

I've had two issues in my first playthrough.  First, the ball got stuck somewhere near the middle top of the playfield near the furthest most left light up.  Second, the ball went down the left side thus ending my turn, but the game didn't realize it went down there (it went down the side pretty quick).  I also had a moment where the ball went back into the plunger tunnel, but I've seen that in other tables before.  The physics do seem a little quick, but I'm not sure that's the issue.

Love the additions, but these issues are odd.

the problem for me is i need to reset the table (use F3 key) after a first launch of the table, or there is no ball release at the start. after that, it work until i quit the table. this problem exist only with this version of the Elvis table.

i deleted the nvram, try some other rom, factory reset the rom... nothing work. any help ?

• 6 months later...

I'm really enjoying this table in VR, however it's the most demanding table thus far. Guns n Roses required me to drop AA completely for a stable framerate, but this Elvis table slows down considerably when it does fancy lightshow even with AA off. Any tips? AO and SSR are off already. Thanks

• 2 months later...

FYI, there have been some major bug fixes for JPS' Elvis recreation in the last couple of weeks, which I'd recommend implementing in your own:

- Switch 10 (Shooter Lane Exit) was missing (allows for lane-changing Skill Shot, Secret Skill Shot, and Skill Shot repeat if the ball lands back in the shooter lane during single-ball play)

- Switch 63 (Hotel Door) was implemented incorrectly (was placed as a rollover behind the Door, but is actually meant to detect hits to the closed Door, like the Garage in TSPP - this switch is required to open the Door at higher Hotel difficulty levels)

- A rubber post had been placed in error, near the right-most Top Lane divider. In its place, the existing guide wall should be extended down to meet the divider (that post was in the path of the Left Orbit and Inner Loop; this change alone should make them MUCH more reliable shots!)

Also, another bug: Your mod's Right Ramp Clear switch has no surface assigned to it, when it should be on the Right Ramp surface.

Thanks for taking a look.