My build

frixter

Hi, thought I wanted to share some pictures of my cabinet. It is basically a widebody build, following standard dimensions. The case itself is finished, except for the internals where wiring are still lying around. No backbox yet. My next step in the prosess is conection of the exiters, and adding a tilt bob. This is probably not the most budget friendly build, as the parts are rather expensive.

It use an lg c2 42 inch TV.

A couple mistakes I did, is that I constructed the hinges for the tv to narrow. So if I place the stick on the intended position, when the screen is liftet up. the balance point will tilt the screen off the right hinge. Not that the screen will fall off, but it might flip up against the back of the cab if I am not carefull. On the picture I have choosen to not use the stick in the intended position, to prevent that issue. I would probably have used a simpler solution, if I should do it again. Or at least made the hinges location wider, to prevent the off balance. But it is quiet easy to lift the TV out if I need to.

The next mistake is that I choosed  water based paint, which is not so strong, and take a long time to dry. You can actually see the paint is weared off next to the left flipper. I could not wait to play with the cab, before the paint had dried properly:) I will paint over the wear, and give it longer time to dry, and hopefully it will last longer.

What I am happy with is the the frame I made to cover the gap between the wall, and the screen, turned out to fit nicelly. The tiny strips of wood along the screen, is for the frame to rest on. It has 2-3mm clearance to the screen, when put in place. So nothing is touching the top of the screen, and I can nudge and slam the table without it moving around:)

IMG_20221117_224041572_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20221117_224141612[1].jpg

IMG_20221124_020049697[1].jpg

IMG_20221124_020126083[1].jpg

IMG_20221124_020157059_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20221124_020906995_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20221124_021021061_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20221117_224353521_HDR[1].jpg

One thing I made a litle different, is that I used one 200mm intake fan, instead off a couple smaller ones, and it has a dust filter. Have two smaller fans in the back, which are running very slow. So the cab fans are very quiet. The big fan should give overpressure in the cab, to prevent sucking in air and dustin all the small openings. Made a hinge underneath the cab, where I can take the filter off, and clean it easilly when needed. The filter is attached on a magnetic strip, so after I open the hatch, I can just remove it.

IMG_20230308_180851519[1].jpg

IMG_20230308_180933514[1].jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice work :)

Is the backglass monitor a widescreen? I have been trying to source a 23" 4:3 monitor for mine, the proportions are better for using 1 monitor for BG + DMD, but I'm having trub as they're all WS.
Yours looks great so I may have to go that route. 
Have you thought about rotating the screen 90 degrees to proportion the area better? (admitedly you would need a larger screen, height similar to yours current width ;) )