No voices when playing Data East's Monday Night Football Table

BDash

I tried the the Monday Night Football (Data East 1989)table based on the SG1bsoN MOD, and while it technically works, there's absolutely no sound other than the ball clacking around the table and bumpers. I can't quite figure out what i'm missing and would like to request any assistance.

Thank you in advance. 

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, BDash said:

I tried the the Monday Night Football (Data East 1989)table based on the SG1bsoN MOD, and while it technically works, there's absolutely no sound other than the ball clacking around the table and bumpers. I can't quite figure out what i'm missing and would like to request any assistance.

Thank you in advance. 

Try left clicking on the PinMAME window with your mouse, and hitting the Tilde key. (The key to the left of 1 key.)

You should see a volume adjustment menu in the PinMAME window which can be toggled with the arrow keys.

Press right arrow to turn volume up. Left to turn down.

Press the down arrow key, and you should see a couple more volume adjustment menus.

When you are finished making your adjustments, simply click the PinMAME window, and hit the Tilde key again.

This is called the Tilde Key Method.

This is used for tables that you could only adjust the volume with a volume knob inside of the cabinet.

1 hour ago, xenonph said:

Try left clicking on the PinMAME window with your mouse, and hitting the Tilde key. (The key to the left of 1 key.)

You should see a volume adjustment menu in the PinMAME window which can be toggled with the arrow keys.

Press right arrow to turn volume up. Left to turn down.

Press the down arrow key, and you should see a couple more volume adjustment menus.

When you are finished making your adjustments, simply click the PinMAME window, and hit the Tilde key again.

This is called the Tilde Key Method.

This is used for tables that you could only adjust the volume with a volume knob inside of the cabinet.

Tried it and I only get options for gamma and brightness. I hit tab for the Mame style menu and scrolled through options. Strangely nothing for audio.....

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, BDash said:

Tried it and I only get options for gamma and brightness. I hit tab for the Mame style menu and scrolled through options. Strangely nothing for audio.....

Try this rom.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/1177-mnfb_c27zip/

If that doesn't work, try hitting F1 while table is running and make sure "Use Sound" is checkmarked.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:32 PM, xenonph said:

Try this rom.

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/1177-mnfb_c27zip/

If that doesn't work, try hitting F1 while table is running and make sure "Use Sound" is checkmarked.

Sorry for the late response but after applying this rom, the in-game audio works now! I used a rom from a large pinmame torrent and the matching rom was much smaller in filesize so that was probably the issue

Thank you! Now I just need to find out how to make the DMD window actually be visible when using exclusive fullscreen...

• Content Provider
14 hours ago, BDash said:

Sorry for the late response but after applying this rom, the in-game audio works now! I used a rom from a large pinmame torrent and the matching rom was much smaller in filesize so that was probably the issue

Thank you! Now I just need to find out how to make the DMD window actually be visible when using exclusive fullscreen...

Be wary of other peoples rom collections.

They may not have the passion to collect these roms, and check them to make sure they are working properly.

They just bundle everything they can find, and throw it together.

Alot of the roms in those torrents, are missing sound files. When I say alot, I mean 100's of roms are missing sound files.

Best to test your own rom collection 1 at a time, and make sure they are working properly.

Otherwise you are relying on someone elses work, which doesn't always work out.

Yes it is nice to get everything in one big package, but you are missing out on alot, by not doing the work yourself.