VPVR on cabinet guidance

Hey everyone --
I have a cabinet that I play VPX in 3D using Reshade today, which I'm very happy with, but am still interested in trying VPVR and using my cab as the controller.  Plus its my only system with a GPU.  I have Quest 2 that I can use, and the video card in my cab is an Nvidia 3080.

Anyway, my biggest concern is my cabinet is pretty dialed in and I'm worried about screwing up the VPX configuration somehow by installing VPVR.  I do have everything backed up, but even so, still looking for any guidance from people who run VPVR on their cab on any precautions I should take, order of installation, or any other general tips.  I've been reading through this forum, so should have links to install resources, but just worried there may be something I could miss specific to existing cab users.   

Thanks!

18 hours ago, elmera said:

Hey everyone --
I have a cabinet that I play VPX in 3D using Reshade today, which I'm very happy with, but am still interested in trying VPVR and using my cab as the controller.  Plus its my only system with a GPU.  I have Quest 2 that I can use, and the video card in my cab is an Nvidia 3080.

Anyway, my biggest concern is my cabinet is pretty dialed in and I'm worried about screwing up the VPX configuration somehow by installing VPVR.  I do have everything backed up, but even so, still looking for any guidance from people who run VPVR on their cab on any precautions I should take, order of installation, or any other general tips.  I've been reading through this forum, so should have links to install resources, but just worried there may be something I could miss specific to existing cab users.   

Thanks!

Many of us run VPVR (VR-GL) on our cabs and love it, especially using the cab as a controller....feels real :) There are a few settings that need to be changed in order to play VPX vs VR and you can run .bat files to change them. All of this information is over at our VR Pinball Group Discord here https://discord.gg/cQaFjdDWdS  Just go to the VR-GL Setup Channel and check the pins, there is an "All In One" install there that you can try, just save a copy of everything you are replacing so you can put it back if you run into issues. See you there....

2 hours ago, studlygoorite said:

Many of us run VPVR (VR-GL) on our cabs and love it, especially using the cab as a controller....feels real :) There are a few settings that need to be changed in order to play VPX vs VR and you can run .bat files to change them. All of this information is over at our VR Pinball Group Discord here https://discord.gg/cQaFjdDWdS  Just go to the VR-GL Setup Channel and check the pins, there is an "All In One" install there that you can try, just save a copy of everything you are replacing so you can put it back if you run into issues. See you there....

Thank you sir!   Will check it out!