FP TABLES CRASH...

HEY ALL.  I dont  think this has been mentioned..   I can load and play all tables but after some play time 1-3 minutes the screen freezes then crashes... tried a reload and tried Administration on or off but continues.  I loaded a few more tables and same thing.   They act like they are on a trial basis or something... or like it hits a certain memory limit then shuts down.   Varies on complexity of table.  Any ideas??

• 6 months later...
  • Content Provider

HOW TO RUN FP and PLAY THE TABLE

• only use FPLoader.exe (this is BAM) in the BAM folder to play this table
  • DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe
  • don't trust start menu or desktop icons (they may point to FuturePinball.exe)
  • you “may” need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator “once” for BAM to work correctly
  • DO NOT keep FPLoader.exe set to Run as Administrator
  • DO NOT set FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 compatibility mode
  • ALWAYS completely close Future Pinball after exiting a table, or loading another table
  • Future Pinball needs to start “fresh” every time you load or start a table

If you are having regular crashing problems when running Future Pinball:

·       some users may need to remove / disable the "Nahimic driver" or some of it's processes if they have this installed (it's known to cause problems)

·       Windows Defender or other anti-virus apps can cause problems with FP, and may need to be disabled, or at the very least have the FP folder added to their exceptions

Most crashing problems (on a properly setup FP on a capable PC) are the result of Windows restricting access to FP or some other app / driver is interfering or causing the crash.

If it's a PinEvent table, try disabling PinEvent (in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script) which will disable DOF / PUP, etc and see if you still have problems.

Edited by TerryRed

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I have Visual Pinball installed with Pinup Popper and it works perfectly, I installed future pinball + BAM to configure a kinect, but after starting a table I cannot close the application, it remains unresponsive, I tried in compatibility mode, as administrator, outside of pinup, etc. . but nothing works. I also tried updating to Windows 11, I don't know what I can do.