Flipper Keys To Browse Titles - Will Hang If I Go Too Fast

jdsabin1

The scenario is on my cabinet I have nearly 500 VPX games installed. I am running the latest pinup popper, in 4k, and as I scroll through the games I display the playfield and backglass as videos (no audio, 30fps, no dmd). The problem I have is if I startup popper then say I need to get to a game starting with S for example (it always starts alphabetically), and I keep a flipper button pressed to get the title faster, inevitable before I get to that title it will simply freeze up on a game before I get there and I literally have to reboot the whole thing. 

Naturally if I go at a slower speed I have no problems at all but there are times when I want to test a table in pinup popper and don't want to spend a ton of time slowly clicking to get there. It just feels like a buffer or something is filling up and ultimately hangs. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

• jdsabin1 changed the title to Flipper Keys To Browse Titles - Will Hang If I Go Too Fast
  • 8 months later...
On 2/11/2023 at 12:50 PM, jdsabin1 said:

The scenario is on my cabinet I have nearly 500 VPX games installed. I am running the latest pinup popper, in 4k, and as I scroll through the games I display the playfield and backglass as videos (no audio, 30fps, no dmd). The problem I have is if I startup popper then say I need to get to a game starting with S for example (it always starts alphabetically), and I keep a flipper button pressed to get the title faster, inevitable before I get to that title it will simply freeze up on a game before I get there and I literally have to reboot the whole thing. 

Naturally if I go at a slower speed I have no problems at all but there are times when I want to test a table in pinup popper and don't want to spend a ton of time slowly clicking to get there. It just feels like a buffer or something is filling up and ultimately hangs. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

Did you ever fix this?