Wrong colors on Real DMD

giotta

• Content Provider

Seems your RGB sequence is wrong. As I can see from the picture the shield PCB is not a officially supported PIN2DMD shield, but custom made by a third party.  Please understand that I can´t give support for those boards as I don´t have any technical documentation about those boards and if they want to go their own way it is their job to give support. Please ask the pcb designer / manufacturer for support on this issue. See https://pin2dmd.com/hardware/#2.3

But how can this happen? If I install vpx normally, everything works fine. Only when I pass the installation of baller installer does this thing happen to me. Two days ago everything worked perfectly, only some tables don't work without pinup, so I uninstalled everything and did the installation with baller installer.

Dear Giotta,

I'm Erwan from SmallCab.

You buy your shield on SmallCab.net in France.

DMD panels generally use the RGB sequence, but some DMD panels use another sequence like GBR, BRG.

To correct this color problem, the pin2dmd software allows you to modify the order of the sequence.
For that:
1/ Disconnect the USB wire that connects the STM32 to your PC.
2/ Press the menu button on the shield and the black button on the STM32 to access the pin2DMD software menu.
3/ Press the menu button on the shield several times to go to the Sewuence RGB choice.
4/ Press several times on the option button of the shield until you have the red, green blue sequence on the displayed pattern.
5/ Press the menu button several times to reach the save config option.
6/ Save changes
The problem is solved.

Best regards

Erwan

Thank you immensely for the support Erwan, I didn't know what to do anymore. I don't want to know why if I install vpx normally, the dmd displays the colors perfectly, while if I install baller installer, the dmd needs special drivers just to turn on. In any case, with the color sequence (different from the one seen on the pin2dmd site) that you suggested, the dmd works correctly.