Trying to sort out a few issues with VPVR

Hello All,

I set up my vr glasses (Quest 2) a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying the simulations. It's really amazing seeing the games in 3D. The rooms they're in are fun, too.  I'm using my virtual cabinet so I can use its flipper buttons to play. I'm using a 10.8 Version of Visual Pinball VR in 32 bit mode. Some of the tables didn't work right out the box, so a lot script changes, internet searches, trial and error ensued, etc. to get a lot of these working....

but, there are a few tables that still have me stumped - and wouldn't you know it, they are a few of games I really like on normal VP.

Lord of the Rings, Party Zone- I'm getting the VPMInit error - says it's not defined as a variable (of course adding "Dim VPMInit" doesn't help). I'm not sure what "VPMInit Me" in the script does, but all the games seem to have it and I haven't really noticed a script difference (like calling out core.vbs or controller.vbs) between the games that do work and those that don't. (I had this problem also with Cactus Canyon, but one version works fine - the VPW version).

Theatre of Magic - the position is wrong - it's way too close to my body, trying to play it is stiff neck city.  I've messed around with the VR Position Settings under Preferences and the references to pressing different keys on the number block (which helped with other games), but I can't seem to get it to move. I have this issue with both tables in the download section.

Stern Batman, the Dark Knight - on the batmobile ramp on the left side, the ball gets eaten - usually the ramp works ok on the first ramp shot, but if you hit it again for the hurry up, the ramp is first lowered at the far end, the ball rolls a bit forward from momentum then the ramp pops up in the rear and seems to shoot the ball over the wall in the back. I was checking the ramp and other playfield pieces if they are "collidable", but the primitives need to be set to collidable in the script, not sure if this might be an issue. It seems the ramp tilts too violently and the ball seems to get shot backward behind the ramp back wall and lost. I was wondering if it's possible to make the ramp tilt slower in the script, but I haven't looked into this yet. I'll leave a comment with the table in the download section as well.

Any little nudges, tips or bit of wisdom on any (or all!) would be much appreciated.

9 hours ago, matt168 said:

Hello All,

I set up my vr glasses (Quest 2) a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying the simulations. It's really amazing seeing the games in 3D. The rooms they're in are fun, too.  I'm using my virtual cabinet so I can use its flipper buttons to play. I'm using a 10.8 Version of Visual Pinball VR in 32 bit mode. Some of the tables didn't work right out the box, so a lot script changes, internet searches, trial and error ensued, etc. to get a lot of these working....

but, there are a few tables that still have me stumped - and wouldn't you know it, they are a few of games I really like on normal VP.

Lord of the Rings, Party Zone- I'm getting the VPMInit error - says it's not defined as a variable (of course adding "Dim VPMInit" doesn't help). I'm not sure what "VPMInit Me" in the script does, but all the games seem to have it and I haven't really noticed a script difference (like calling out core.vbs or controller.vbs) between the games that do work and those that don't. (I had this problem also with Cactus Canyon, but one version works fine - the VPW version).

Theatre of Magic - the position is wrong - it's way too close to my body, trying to play it is stiff neck city.  I've messed around with the VR Position Settings under Preferences and the references to pressing different keys on the number block (which helped with other games), but I can't seem to get it to move. I have this issue with both tables in the download section.

Stern Batman, the Dark Knight - on the batmobile ramp on the left side, the ball gets eaten - usually the ramp works ok on the first ramp shot, but if you hit it again for the hurry up, the ramp is first lowered at the far end, the ball rolls a bit forward from momentum then the ramp pops up in the rear and seems to shoot the ball over the wall in the back. I was checking the ramp and other playfield pieces if they are "collidable", but the primitives need to be set to collidable in the script, not sure if this might be an issue. It seems the ramp tilts too violently and the ball seems to get shot backward behind the ramp back wall and lost. I was wondering if it's possible to make the ramp tilt slower in the script, but I haven't looked into this yet. I'll leave a comment with the table in the download section as well.

Any little nudges, tips or bit of wisdom on any (or all!) would be much appreciated.

Do you know what version of the VR-GL you are using? We are at 10.8 v782, some could cause issues if you are using an older build. As for your errors, I'm no expert here but "controller error" could be caused by using a mix of 32 and 64bit software and/or software that is not up to date. To place the table in front of you hit 0 or #5 on your number pad on your keyboard, #2 and 8 to raise and lower. If these do not work look in the VR Options under "button assignments" and see if you have any keys set. Weird stuff with the Dark Knight but if it's not a table issue try not running VR in "Force Exclusive Fullscreen Mode" it can cause some weird stuff.

If you're still having issues or if you just want to hang,  feel free to join our VR Pinball Discord, lots of experienced people there. :) https://discord.gg/cQaFjdDWdS

23 hours ago, studlygoorite said:

Do you know what version of the VR-GL you are using? We are at 10.8 v782, some could cause issues if you are using an older build. As for your errors, I'm no expert here but "controller error" could be caused by using a mix of 32 and 64bit software and/or software that is not up to date. To place the table in front of you hit 0 or #5 on your number pad on your keyboard, #2 and 8 to raise and lower. If these do not work look in the VR Options under "button assignments" and see if you have any keys set. Weird stuff with the Dark Knight but if it's not a table issue try not running VR in "Force Exclusive Fullscreen Mode" it can cause some weird stuff.

If you're still having issues or if you just want to hang,  feel free to join our VR Pinball Discord, lots of experienced people there. :) https://discord.gg/cQaFjdDWdS

Thank you for those tips. I'm using 10.8 v711. Guess I should update.  I'll definitely check out the Discord Group.