DOF Pull program seems to wipe out me VPX table display settings

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help a cabinet noob out!

I have built myself a widebody cab with a 43 inch screen, 28inch Backglass and a 15 inch laptop screen for my DMD. It works a charm!

I added an LEDWIZ and also added 2 flashers and some LED strips and configured it in DOF to light up on the ports and chosen the actions I want from the drop downs. 

They work but whenever i want to add new ones or test, I have to copy the files from DOF download on my PC to my pinball and copy files over. Still works fine but a bit of a pain!

So I installed the Pull program to the directoutput\config folder and mapped the ini path to the folder above (directoutput) as that seemed to be where the dlls are all stored.

When I restarted my pinball, my playfield was where my backglass was and my backglass on my playfield!

So to fix I had to open up VPX and choose the playfield location again (setting in pinup popper made no difference) and also edit the backglass file to look at the right display.

All was fine again so restarted and same problem.

Mad the changes again but also renamed the pull files so they cannot be seen and restarted. All was fine.

So it looks like the pull files are updating the table layout locations also. So I cannt seem to use the pull file.

Can someone advise what I may be doint wrong? Do I need to set some more filepaths somewhere to stop pull program updating the screen positions or to make the DOF program work as it should?

Sorry for all the info and questions!

I was able t oget them back Barry but if I leave the DOF PULL program enabled it breaks all the screen positions again. 

Im going to have a go at changing the filepath to the table directory instead and see if that has any effect. After all, it must need to know where my tables are located!

• Content Provider

your issues are very strange, i don't see a relation between screen positions and dof pull program...

if you want to take a look of what the program is doing, open the ledcontrol_pull.vbs in a notepad and you can see what is doing.

if you don't understand visual basic script, ask ChatGPT to explain you what it does  by copy pasting the code inside their chat :)

On 1/10/2023 at 8:49 PM, arngrim said:

your issues are very strange, i don't see a relation between screen positions and dof pull program...

if you want to take a look of what the program is doing, open the ledcontrol_pull.vbs in a notepad and you can see what is doing.

if you don't understand visual basic script, ask ChatGPT to explain you what it does  by copy pasting the code inside their chat :)

Hi Arngrim and thanks for your reply.

I think  the overwriting might be related to the b2s.server or somewhat lack of.

I run Pinup popper and part of the install was configuring B2s Server which works fine and I have my backglasses all positioned fine.

When I installed the DirectOutput folder, it sits in c:\DirectOutput as on some of the tutorial youtube videos.

Inside that folder, it seemed to install a different set of B2s dlls which I think may be superceding the original ones behaviour in pinup popper directory.

So I removed the pull program by commenting its name out (adding old to the name) and instead download the directoutputconfig and stick it in my c:\DirectOutput\config directory as well as the tablesettings and the other 2 files that you download from the DOF website.

If i do this, the backglass remains in place.

If I start up Pinpup Popper and choose a table and start playing, my LEDS all behave as per the Port Config I have set in on the DOF website. If I comment the directoutputconfig and restart my tables, none of the LEDS come on. This is good as I know when the config is uncommented, it must be accessible for running the LEDS!

So I only have around 10 light up strips in the cabinet all set to Ports 1-7 ,12,14,16 so I want to trigger these from other table actions in the table config on the Dof configuration website. However, I guess what I want to do it say "Port 1" (Which is my Right Flipper LED) should light up when the Right Ramp is hit and maybe some of the right hand drop targets.  Still trying to figure out how I get say the Right ramps on the ELVIS table to do that. Its almost like it is ignoring my Table config in the output directory.

Or do I go and find what the Right Ramp is called on my table by opening it in VPX instead, go to the configuration tool on the website and in the Left Flipper heading enter if name in the text box? I may try that if that is right.

I did see you need to go into the table script and change it the controller to b2s.server but if I do that, the table does not compile and the actual value I have in the controller is "controller.vbs"

So not sure if I need to change that or not!

Right I have worked it out! It is actually working!

I looked at what the Right flipper was default assigned to in Elvis and it is S46.

So I copied S46 to my table line called "strobe" and then moved the files over from the tablesettings file I created into the directoutput/config folder and started the table up. 

Hey presto, the Strobe light assigned to work when the the Right flipper is pressed now lights up!

Now I have that working, its time to work out how I make basic RGB LED strips light up in sequence and do all the fancy stuff.

Thanks for your help!