What is special about VLC 2.2.8.0 that allows the transparent loading videos to play? When will there be a VLC upgrade?

redbone

Two basic questions.

What is special about VLC  2.2.8.0 that allows the transparent videos to play?

When will there be a VLC upgrade?

I'm asking because when I first got into this I was having stuttering issues playing videos on a pretty powerful PC in with TRON and the puppack.  I installed a new version of VLC and it resolved  the stuttering issues and everything seems to play better.  However, over the past few weeks off and on I've been trying to get the transparent loading videos to work.  I finally ran across this forum post on VLC today: https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=160448  I decided to roll back to VLC 2.2.8.0 and BOOM... the transparent loading videos started working!

Given that newer VLC fixed some playback stuttering I was getting, knowing 2.2.8.0 is from 2017, and apparently the transparent loading videos is only working with 2.2.8.0... That's why I'm asking the question.  Is it possible to get a newer version to play these transparent videos?  I know for a fact that it doesn't work in 3.0.18.0.  :(

Thanks!  I appreciate any info to be had here. :)