Cue Ball Wizard - 64 colors [RELEASED]

KRAKEN

*** The colorizaton has been released here ***

Hi all.  I just started working on my first colorization for Cue Ball Wizard using @zedrummer's new colorization tool.  This will eventually be released under the new cROM format (.CRZ), which is opensource and will soon be natively supported by Freezy.  There are a lot of fades/transitions with this ROM, so I'm learning the hard way but making progress nonetheless with the support of @dtatane and @ebor (thanks dudes!).  I'll post some images and animations as I make progress.

Cheers!

Kraken (Jason Krause)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

GottliePremierLogo.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some gameplay footage on my crappy laptop.  The game messed up at the end, but it gives an idea of the state of the colorization. 

Colorization tasks left:

- Cowboy vertical scrolling animation before launching ball.

- Gottlieb/Premier animations.  Difficult finding all the frames required for a smooth animation as the fade effect seems different every time.

- Rolling Horseshoes.  Also hard finding all frames required for smooth animations.

- Extra Ball horizontal scrolling animation.  A few missing key frames.

- A few transition animation, fading, dithering.

- Ensure I have all ROM setup/config frames captured.

- Add triggers to all "events" in case someone ever creates a Pup Pack (highly unlikely).

8 hours ago, MikeDASpike said:

is it just the video, or does it looks like the animations are not smooth ?
Like the begin of game, where the scrolling part doesn't looks that smooth (and the rolling horse shoe)

If you read the notes above the video, it explains exactly this.  :)  This is a work in progress and some of the animations are very difficult to colorize because all the frames are very short (15-18ms) and identifying the key frames is time consuming.  Getting there though.

1 hour ago, KRAKEN said:

If you read the notes above the video, it explains exactly this.  :)  This is a work in progress and some of the animations are very difficult to colorize because all the frames are very short (15-18ms) and identifying the key frames is time consuming.  Getting there though.

Ah, gotcha and sorry.

I thought everybody knows that IT people cannot read 😛

looking forward to this

18 minutes ago, MikeDASpike said:

Ah, gotcha and sorry.

I thought everybody knows that IT people cannot read 😛

looking forward to this

As a fellow IT guy, I can relate.  Step 1:  throw away the instruction manual!  ;)

• KRAKEN changed the title to Cue Ball Wizard - 64 colors [RELEASED]