Start Button Lamp: How to Copy Stern Routine for Attract mode, Coin In and Gameplay Behavior?

eighties8

I'm at the beginning stage of learning DOF. On my cab, I'm testing the Start Button and the Fire button lamps. Those are the only two output devices I have connected to DOF.

My cab is a Stern replica so I'm trying to see if its possible to set things up to mimic the Stern behavior for these lamps. In particular, for the latest VPW releases, but for all tables.

Here's how I think it works on modern Stern pins (I believe there are different options for the operator to set this up, but this is how I would set it up):

(1) Attract Mode - Start button and Fire button lamps are on blink pattern. Fire button is lit green to match the Stern start button (white lamp with green gel insert)

(2) Coin In - Start button and Fire button lamps turn solid ON.

(3) Coin In complete, single credit registered - Start button and Fire button lamps resume blink pattern.

(4) Start Button pressed with credit active -  - Start button stays lit solid. Fire button follows game specific behavior.

On the few tables I've tested so far (GOTG, BM66, AC/DC Premium), it appears that the lamps are OFF until (3) above and then one or the other (not both) will execute the BLINK sequence found in the DOF config under Start Button. Usually something like:

Start Button: L57 m550 Blink fu500 fd550

RGB Fire Button: @rgbsplit@ L59|L60|L61 

Then once (4) is initiated, the Start button lamp turns OFF for the duration of the gameplay.

Any suggestions of where to start with implementing 1-4 above?

Edited by vestaviascott