Popper videos go black and white

elmera

I updated my Nvidia drivers recently and didn't think much of it until my Pinup Popper videos started turning black and white after exiting a table.  I attached some photos to show what I mean.  Basically everything is fine when popper starts, but after exiting from playing a table the playfield videos are usually black and white, and sometimes the other screens are too.  

I saw in the Popper FAQ there are some Nvidia setting to set, which I did in the past and confirmed were still the same.

I'm not sure what Nvidia driver version I was previously on, so I went back and installed a driver 2-3 versions back but still having the same issue.

Anyone experienced this or have suggestions?

Thanks!

color.jpg

bw.jpg

Same problem for me, after a few minutes of playing and go back to front end menu my playfiles turns black and white.

I never found any solution to fix it.

I think it is a vlc problem. If you update vlc in pinup popper folder, all your screens stay in color but you lose transparency for all videos.

Edited by CalimeroOeuf

The lastest one (updated in vlc directly)

I forgot to tell you you also lose all videos for aprons like in Deadpool puppack or Gun's n Roses Puppack (black screen, no video)

This is not the best solution and not recommended by Nailbuster but if you don't care ...

I am interested if there is a solution with vlc 2.2.8

After installing a previous version of the Nvidia drivers I no longer appear to be having the issue with the popper videos going black and white.  

Not sure which version it starts happening, but I ended up installing v516.94 from Aug 2022 and have not had the problem since.  

7 hours ago, mikeparker147 said:

I have recently been having this issue. I have been using an October driver and the machine has been running great until this past week!

Just updated to vpx 10.7.2 and the problem has started after this. The two can't be related surely?

I mean, I'm not sure how the version of VPX would affect the Popper video colors.  I'd think it either has something to do with Popper (i.e. VLC) or Nvidia drivers  -- but I'm no expert.  I'm currently running VPX 10.7.3, but previously ran 10.7.2 for quite a while without any problems.  It was after I upgraded my Nvidia drivers I ran into the B&W issue.  Again, I don't remember which Nvidia version I ran prior, but I'm guessing was before Oct '22.  So far no issues running the v516.94 driver. 

6 hours ago, elmera said:

I mean, I'm not sure how the version of VPX would affect the Popper video colors.  I'd think it either has something to do with Popper (i.e. VLC) or Nvidia drivers  -- but I'm no expert.  I'm currently running VPX 10.7.3, but previously ran 10.7.2 for quite a while without any problems.  It was after I upgraded my Nvidia drivers I ran into the B&W issue.  Again, I don't remember which Nvidia version I ran prior, but I'm guessing was before Oct '22.  So far no issues running the v516.94 driver. 

Try running the new Nvidia driver released 5th Jan. It seems to have fixed it for me!

17 hours ago, mikeparker147 said:

Try running the new Nvidia driver released 5th Jan. It seems to have fixed it for me!

Good to know!  I just got my system dialed back in and don't want to mess with it for now if you know what I mean.  But good to know for future reference. 

In the startup script for Visual Pinball change this line to disable: FSMODE=DisableTrueFullscreen

This is the fix for the black & white videos issue. I originally thought it was the Nvidia driver update too. But I think it was a Pinup Popper update that caused it. It might be a combination of the two updates. Either way this fixes the issue. I have not had one black & white screen since changing this line in the script. 👍

This fix above corrects the issue but I just found out that the Nvidia driver might have been the problem all along and that the last driver update released on 1/5 corrects the issue. I changed my launch script back to Enable and I've been testing it with the latest driver. So far it is not changing to black & white! We'll see... but crossing fingers! 😉