How to use coloured DMDs?

Hi y'all! So i'm new to this Virtual Pinball stuff and i'm trying to use these excellent coloured DMDs but i don't know how ot make them work. It's a .pac file and did that of making an "altcolor" folder and then anotherone with the name of the rom the table uses and then put the .pac file inside. But doesn't work. I read a guide wich uses Flexdmd, Freezy extension, and whatnot but maybe that's an outdated guide and newer installations of Visual Pinball have everything  ready to use these DMD but i'm lost. If there's a new guide please let me know.

1 hour ago, alucardsonofdracul said:

Hi y'all! So i'm new to this Virtual Pinball stuff and i'm trying to use these excellent coloured DMDs but i don't know how ot make them work. It's a .pac file and did that of making an "altcolor" folder and then anotherone with the name of the rom the table uses and then put the .pac file inside. But doesn't work. I read a guide wich uses Flexdmd, Freezy extension, and whatnot but maybe that's an outdated guide and newer installations of Visual Pinball have everything  ready to use these DMD but i'm lost. If there's a new guide please let me know.

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=18599&key=24c47f36922909819e84639b225af905

download, unblock, unzip to vpinmame folder. use the x86 version. If you have a dmddevice.ini that you tailored to your games back it up or when extractiing the downloaded zip just do not extract the dmddevice.ini

36 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

https://vpuniverse.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=18599&key=24c47f36922909819e84639b225af905 24.41 MB · 182 downloads

download, unblock, unzip to vpinmame folder. use the x86 version. If you have a dmddevice.ini that you tailored to your games back it up or when extractiing the downloaded zip just do not extract the dmddevice.ini

You're the man! that worked right away! thank you!

I am having this issue as well.  I had everything working with vpinmame 3.2 with the .pal and .vni files.  I upgrade to vpinmame 3.5, unistall old and install Freezy 1.10.2 using the .msi, copy my backup my .ini file, check  .pal and .vni they don't work.  Copy over Lucky1 still nothing with the .pac.

Checkboxes are checked and files are in the right folders

Edit: So I went to downgrade to 3.4 and when I uninstalled 3.5 it said do you want to uninstall 3.3?  Curious as I have never had 3.3 on my system.  Installed 3.4, ran a repair install on Freezy, copied over Lucky1 and Money.