How to meet fellow Virtual Pinball owners in North Texas

txvepr

Hi all, I am a builder of my first Vpin and was wondering if there are other North Texans that may want to meet and admire each others tables. Maybe something like a mini tourney at each other's place once a month ot just to check out each other's builds?

Anybody else interested?

20211007_084738.jpg

• Administrators

@txvepr North Texas?  Where about? 

There are a few of us in the area.  Just really depends on what side of the metroplex you are on. I'm more on the Ft Worth side, in Haltom City. I've opened up my apartment for people to come check out my machine, help with software, setup tips, etc.

----------------------------
THIS IS AN OPEN INVITE TO ANYONE IN DFW or those willing to travel - Yes, we have people that come from all over Texas and surrounding states. 

I'm assistant TD for the DFW Pinball League. This league is one of the largest and more organized pinball leagues & tournaments in the country.  These tournaments & league are OPEN TO EVERYONE. We are open to all players regardless of skill as we have multiple divisions.  We travel to various pinball collections in the area and compete for fun, prizes, and points. North Texas has some of the best private pinball collections in the country and very wonderful people to allow us into their homes or businessess.  These tournaments are a party & social gathering first and a tournament secondly. 

We do potluck style food/drinks. We highly recommend bringing a dish or snacks.  My buddy and I normally take a hot dog roller, nacho cheese machine, and chip warmer.

Even if you don't want to compete; it's a great way to meet other people in the pinball community. 

Most tournaments there is a $5 fee to enter if playing.  Some special events, benefit events, and special locations may cost more.

These events are actually 2 different events that we roll into one. These tournaments can be all day events (9-10 hours)... just depends on how well you are playing.  We normally have 3-4 qualifying rounds to determine player divisions and then finals.  If a player doesn't qualify for A-Division (pro-division) then they will probably be able to play in B or C division (if there is a C).

First is our ongoing league - league games you play to get your best score, take a picture of the score, submit the picture and games are ranked 100 - 1 point.  100 points to highest score and goes down from there.  We normally have 2-3 games for league play.  To be eledible to play in the league finals you have to have competed in at least 3 previous league events.

Second is our IFPA tournament. - These are done in rounds of 3-4 with each round consisting of 2-4 games in groups of 4 players.  Depending on the total number of players will determine the number of people in the A/B division finals.  A-division is playing for State Ranking Points / trophies and B/C Divisions are playing for prizes and sometimes a trophy.

We are down to our last 2 tournaments for 2022 before our Winter break.

Our next tournament is this Sunday, Nov 12 out in The Colony
The tournament after that is on home turf... at the Lord of the Gameroom cave on December 4.  This will be our league finals so format will be different than normal, but we will have a regular tournament after the league finals.

This is a picture of my setup.

large.431C66DD-3023-4293-9D11-9E0E8D29396B.jpeg.32662129bc60999e2861feb84f163ba0.jpeg

I am in Corinth, and have participated in the Pinball league plays for a while. Real pinball is great fun too.

A Vpin just fit my life better and gave me a neat hobby to do during Covid.

If anyone is interested in the Vpin builds or wants to try it out before you commit, or compare notes, give me a message!

Thanks,

Pat 

• 4 months later...

Hi Fellow Vpinners I met at 2023 TPF at the roundtable!   It was great to talk to real people in the hobby.  If you know other users that were there, include them on this thread.

Let's gather at a Vpin house to check out each other's creation!