New to the hobby and have a question

Streeef

I just built an arcade cabinet and then started to get interested in pinball games. I have a 43" monitor and bought a swiveling mount so I can put it in portrait mode. I was able to get a few tables working and after playing a bit, I noticed some of the games loaded a marquee (correct term?) of the current score etc in a funky spot and some of the tables didn't show it at all while playing in portrait I only need to configure it once?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about a dot-matrix style display which keeps track of your score?  If so, people refer to it as the DMD and some games have one inbuilt, but most use vPinMame to display it and, depending on your display settings, you can then drag it around to where you prefer to have it displayed.  There's a more advanced version of this screen commonly called 'Freezy' which has more options and looks prettier than the default DMD with vPinMame.

It depends on what software you’re using. Visual Pinball, Future Pin, FX etc the dmd can usually be moved about. A single screen in portrait could be tricky for some games as you’ll usually want the backglass for scores and some features which is normally sent to a separate screen 

welcome to the hobby, it really is a great one 😁