[Solved] Duplicate QR codes due to Windows UUID issue

EDIT: This issue was identified and fixed by daphishbowl in the 2.1.1 Guardians of the Galaxy update. Something to do with motherboard manufacturers causing us to share a UUID. Leaving the post up in case this happens with some other table in the future and someone finds this helpful.

Other users are somehow connecting to my venue/table.

I set up GotG on the evening of 10/30. Had an existing Scorbit account, but no venues or machines or anything. Followed the steps in MPT3K's setup video, created a venue (Parks' Pinporium), set it to private, seemed to all be working well. I haven't played GotG again since. Last night I looked at MPT3K's video again, and noticed a comment saying "when I tried to set this up, it connected me to a venue called Park's Pinporium." I looked at my GotG virtual machine in the Scorbit app, and sure enough, there are games played on 10/31 and 11/1, when I definitely didn't play any. My uneducated guess is that somehow the table spit out the same code for this other user (or users?) as it did for me, and that's how they ended up seeing my venue? I'm mostly just posting to offer the information I have, and maybe get a bit more visibility than the comment section of GotG. I have no idea if this is something going on with the table, or with Scorbit, or what. This doesn't really affect me all that much (I changed my venue to not have my actual address in it anymore), but I guess it's maybe more of a problem for people on the other end of it. Still blown away that we have Scorbit going at all! Thanks to all the smart folks who have worked on it.

Edited by parksonian
Solved

• parksonian changed the title to [Solved] Duplicate QR codes due to Windows UUID issue