PinUP Player FX3 woes

skimonkey88

I have Pinup Popper installed as my front end with DOF, DOFLinx, etc all on the current stable versions.  VPX tables and PupPacks work great in all respects -- all toys and SSF work.  

I recently tried to get Pinball FX3 via Steam up and running following Nailbuster's Wiki and video which I have reviewed multiple times.

In FX3, I have Popper launching games and DOFLinx working as all the toys work -- solenoids, shaker motor, etc., all that is working.

I cannot seem to get anything that relies on Pinup Player to work.  I can't get DMD mirroring to work with either PUPDMDControl or the legacy DMDEXT approach.  Interestingly with DMDEXT it works once (meaning the first table I run after a reboot) but any table after that I just get a black rectangle on my virtual DMD.  PUPDMDControl does not work at all.

I also cannot get SSF to work, only for FX3 (VPX works fine).  I've confirmed I'm referencing the correct trigger files, and the toys work, but the FX3 pup pack audio does not work.

I have no entries in PUPLOG related to FX3, no errors in DOFLinx log, everything looks good.  Somehow, somewhere, something is not connecting between FX3 and Pinup Player.

I did see an error once that a PUPDMDControl.dll could not be started but unfortunately I don't have the exact text.

My experience with virtual pinball is that you have to come up with a theory about what's not working, chase that down until you prove or disprove, and then move on.  My current theory is that FX3 processes are not able to successfully call PinUp player.  PinUp player never engages which is why I don't see PUPLog errors.  

Any advice on how I can trace this call chain to see what is failing?  (Nothing is being run explicitly as Admin, FX3 is in borderless window mode, WIKI has been reviewed and re-reviewed)

Thank you!