[New VP10 Alert] Ice Fever (Gottleib, 1985)

Ice Fever (Gottleib, 1985)

This is a major update to my modification allowing players to change team uniforms on the playfield, backglass, and now desktop and DMD!

Why would you play a hockey game and not see the score?  Not in the millions of points, but in goals scored? In the spirit of Gridiron, a number of EM baseball games, and Flipper Football, I added a feature to allow players to play for both points and goals scored.  While I was at it, I gave overlooked attention to desktop view and the third backglass screen (which I don't have at home) with multiple new backglasses!  While I don't have a third DMD screen, I have a "real" DMD in the form of a ZeDMD which prompted my to learn the dark mysteries of FlexDMD and produced one for goals, points, and team logos.  I can't thank scutters enough for feedback and putting my script back together after I horribly mangled some of his earlier work.  Tie game? Of course not. Points are used to break ties in "Overtime."

For solo players, I added scripting to generate opponent scored based on performance from the previous 9 balls played. Option switchable in script. 

Another switchable option is to score one goal at a time for every hit, or allow multiples based on how many drop targets fell.

A nvram file is included because the dip switches need to be changed to track current players correctly. You can instead open up the dip menu with f6. I changed the option text to indicate which should be selected.

This is a modification of Armyaviation's Ice Fever that allows selecting home and away teams from all 32 NHL franchises. Hold down left magnasave to change away team with left/right flippers, and hold down the right magnasave to change home team.  Holding down either or both magnasaves and pressing the launch button advances team selection by an entire division.   You can hold down both magnasaves to change both teams at once. Teams are arranged by division and then alphabetical by city.

Thanks to Armyaviation for allowing to modify his table. I never could have done it from scratch!. Also thanks to Wildman for letting me use his backglass as a starting point.  His original backglass still works with this table.  The included backglasses all show the team uniform changes and the scores and other backglass stuff. There is a "Classic" Version, mostly like Wildman's Backglass, a "City LED" version which simulates an alphanumeric display showing team names/cities, and a Widescreen version, specifically formatted for 16:9 screens that includes team logos.

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

1st) I want to thank you for making such a cool release. It's always appreciated. 

I hate to bother you, but I renamed the backglass to match the table and put them in my tables folder, put your nvram file where it belongs, and I also checked and I have the correct rom. However I get this error when trying to launch from vpx. 

And then when I click ok the table finishes loading and it almost looks like it's in desktop mode etc, except really bad as you can see in photo 2. 

Is there anyone who can help me out? I'm not sure what that launching  error is or how to fix it. 

All help is appreciated. 

(Id tried running it on vpx10.7 and 10.8) 

20240419_081627.jpg

20240419_081701.jpg

3 minutes ago, JerseyJohnny said:

Hello, 

1st) I want to thank you for making such a cool release. It's always appreciated. 

I hate to bother you, but I renamed the backglass to match the table and put them in my tables folder, put your nvram file where it belongs, and I also checked and I have the correct rom. However I get this error when trying to launch from vpx. 

And then when I click ok the table finishes loading and it almost looks like it's in desktop mode etc, except really bad as you can see in photo 2. 

Is there anyone who can help me out? I'm not sure what that launching  error is or how to fix it. 

All help is appreciated. 

(Id tried running it on vpx10.7 and 10.8) 

20240419_081627.jpg

See https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/11868-ice-fever-gottleib-1985/?do=findComment&comment=66993 

Hello @endeemillr,

The title mentions Gottleib, but it's surely a "typo", manufacturer was Gottlieb, instead. 😉

It's not to hard to fix, and would be better for searches.

Edited by DomiKamu

Playing on desktop using the "3.0" b2s. I have flexdmd 1.91 registered. I replaced the nvram.

I'm getting an error on line: 1650
"Asked to load a bitmap from a resource of type Unknow"

Thanks for any assistance!

IceFeverError.png