PIN2DMD 192*64 missing panel display

Ashram56

Good morning

I'm repairing a Baywatch, and the pin2dmd is displaying an issue : only the first panel is operational, all others do not display anything 

I originally thought that the middle panel was defective, it it's output buffer was damaged, so I attempted several combinations. In all cases, the first panel is still functional (so the right one) , but the other two are off. 

I must admit it was late so I did not think of checking the voltage level on each display power connector, but aside from that, what could cause such an issue in the first place? I also swapped ribbon cables, just in case. 

I don't think the stm32 is defective, otherwise it would not boot or not display anything on the right panel, right? 

Thanks for any insight

Regards 

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, Ashram56 said:

I must admit it was late so I did not think of checking the voltage level on each display power connector,

Check that.

7 hours ago, Ashram56 said:

so I attempted several combinations.

If you tested each of the 3 panels as the first panel then the panels should be finr.

• Content Provider

Is it also plausible (but very unlikely) that for some reason the output on each LED panel has an issue somewhere?

By testing each panel as the first panel, this confirms the input is working, but may not test the output/HUB connector?

It still sounds more likely there is a power issue somewhere, but even that is odd.

I have seen people plug in too much voltage and then fry certain chips on the panels before, taking out all or certain panels or parts of panels.

Another really basic step just to try is to reset the settings to default and save. Make sure there is no SD card in the unit either.