DMD for Atgames ALP

Ezryel

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Id like some input on adding a 3rd screen to my ALP running VPX and PinUp Popper.

I'd like to use this method documented by Cooltoys, but also want to maximize the 8 and 4/8 inch space between the speakers.

What are your thoughts on my options the below.

1. I'm trying to source an 8 - 9 inch display. I plan to  disassemble the housing to get to the raw display and controller board.  Then have a local shop 3D print a bezel/frame for the bare 8 - 9 inch display.  Are most mini displays built the same where once disassembled I'll have access to the display and the flat cable leading to the controller board? Then I can mount in the same way Cool toys documents (his particular 8 inch display is no longer available).

2. An Etsy seller already offers a 3D printed bezel/frame for a recommended 7 inch display tested and works well with the ALP. Just a little small for me.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1098986941/pinball-lcd-screen-bezel-fits-at-games?click_key=52aa6d73c5f4e6956311287966618521e56477a6%3A1098986941&click_sum=250817fe&external=1&rec_type=cs&ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-5

Looking forward to your input.