Winpopup.exe problem

reggert32

Hello,

I have been using visual pinball for a long time now, but this pinup-popper and pup-packs is relatively new for me.

It was working before, i use only a single screen desktop, but lately it has been acting up.

When i start a table with a pup-pack, directly a window pops up with an error message. It says "can't find winpopup.exe etc etc.". Winpopup.exe is in it's original location where it was always located.

I have tried visual pinball x 10.6, 10.7 and even the latest 10.71. In all of them the same problem occurs. I have reinstalled pinup popper, reset all settings to defaults. I followed some instruction videos on youtube. Nothing seems to help. I tried to run winpopup.exe in windows xp, windows 7 and windows 8 compatibility. I tried to run winpopup.exe as administrator. Nothing changes. And i also whitelisted all of the popup, visual pinball folders and their respective executables in my anti-virus. Just to make sure that is not in the way.

Can anybody help me with this ?

Oh, and when this error pops up, i can still hear the audio from the videos as if they are still running in the background.

Best regards,

reggert32

(pardon my English, it is not my native language)

Note : I made this topic in the wrong forum earlier, sorry about that.

After some more searching i found a link to  VPX PuP-Packs on Desktop-Solution on the nailbuster site and that at least solved my problem with the winpopup.exe not found error.

Now a new problem started to occur : Every time when i play a table that uses a pup-pack and when i close the table after playing, a script error pops up with the message : 

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 5244
Object requiered: 'Controller'

So, one problem has been fixed and now another pops up.

If anybody has a solution for this one, i would be gratefull if they can share it with me.

Thanks in advance,

reggert32

Edited by reggert32
spelling error

38 minutes ago, reggert32 said:

After some more searching i found a link to  VPX PuP-Packs on Desktop-Solution on the nailbuster site and that at least solved my problem with the winpopup.exe not found error.

Now a new problem started to occur : Every time when i play a table that uses a pup-pack and when i close the table after playing, a script error pops up with the message : 

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 5244
Object requiered: 'Controller'

So, one problem has been fixed and now another pops up.

If anybody has a solution for this one, i would be gratefull if they can share it with me.

Thanks in advance,

reggert32

Link to the game

It is no specific table, it happens with several tables with a pup-pack.

Some of the tables are : The Munsters , Big trouble in Little China, Guardians of the Galaxy and several others.

It doesn't matter if i use vpx 10.6, 10.7 or 10.71.

I have tried reinstalling vpx, vpinmame, pinupsystem, always the same error on closing the table.