The Holy Grail of VP pincab monitors?

Schlabber34

• Content Provider

I found this today! 45" 21:9 OLED 1440p 240hz!

This one might slip perfectly into a standard sized cab!

You can bend it to whatever curvature you like! Including totally flat!

The only flat 45" 21:9 gaming monitor that i know of!

What do you guys think?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/xeneon-flex-bendable-ultra-wide-gaming-display

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, robertms said:

Very cool, and it's an LG OLED panel. But it looks like the stand might be an integral part of the monitor..

Yeah, you can only hope that it's detachable so they can squeeze it in a smaller box!

A saw and a screwdriver might be a bit risky when you think about the possible price 😅

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, BorgDog said:

It's close, but doing the math a 45" 21:9 is only 17.7" tall/wide so somewhat narrow for a vp cab, something like a 50-52" would be the perfect width for a standard cab.

Damn, yeah you're right! Let's keep our fingers crossed that they do a 50" version for the sim racing / flight sim guys!

Still the people who are building a DIY cab should have a look at this!

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, robertms said:

@BorgDog nice to see you in these parts again! How's that wedgehead vpin holding up, thinking of upgrading tech anytime soon?

Hey!  wedgehead pin is back together after being stored for close to 2 years while going through a couple moves.  That said I have not really been doing any VP stuff besides following along, mostly keeping up with the VPE stuff as that intrigues me. Current plan is to totally disassemble the cab and rebuild it as a homebrew (real pinball) version of my Star Wars table, but who knows what will happen if/when I get around to it.

• 1 month later...

I'm only a few weeks in on this hobby, and I've been playing on a 32" playfield that I'm very happy with. But there are a couple 40" 21:9 monitors out there now which basically have the same physical width as my current 32" but with additional length.

I want to make sure I understand a couple things correctly. After spot checking some tables it seems that most creators stay in that ~960ish to ~2000-2100ish pixel playfield size range. Even most tables built from scratch stay in this range even though one might think that would be a good opportunity to fit to a more 16:9ish playfield. 

Anyway, assuming you could find a decent 21:9 monitor, once in place all I would need to do is go through each table and update its X/Y scale to better conform to the playfield size, and end result is I would be much closer to a real-world 1:1 ratio while utilizing the full size of the screen than I could ever get with a 16:9 monitor. And table elements that are a perfect circle in real life would actually look really close to a perfect circle on my screen. Is it that simple of a change, or am I missing anything?

• 1 year later...

I found dimensional specs on this monitor. They were 41.7" x 22.5" including the bezel but not the stand. The bezel looks to be pretty thin, so it's possible that this could come pretty close to an actual standard playfield on width, and only a few inches shorter on length. I am genuinely intrigued, but would want to see and measure one in person.

Has anybody gone with this monitor for their pin cab build?