ball stutter with some b2s files, none when playing without backglass

Cenobyte

I have some serious ball stutter problems for a while with some of my tables (e.g. Bally Space Invaders, Demolition Man). When I deleted a b2s file by accident the table was playing super smooth (but without backglass). When I checked the b2s file for Demolition Man I noticed it was a very old file (2014) so I updated it with a newer version and the table played wonderful after that. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a newer version b2s file for Space Invaders. Installing the latest b2s server did not solve anything either. I'm using VPX 10.7.

Might this be a problem because of too old b2s files running on newest version b2s server? It seems that more people should have problems with it then?

Get out of forced fullscreen mode, start the table - move the mouse to the db2s. Cntr+s if I remember correctly. Go to settings. You can adjust update speed for leds, solenoids - many parameters that I don't remeber just sitting here without VP in front of me. Do some searching, there has been more than a few suggestions to how to resolve such issues.

Once you've tuned it - and you're happy. Going back to forced fullscreen is a valid option again.

Good luck.