Slammed switch registers double

Numiah

Hey Peeps. 
In my cabinet I’m using leaf switches with gold contacts. They work fine. 
But when a button is hit too hard the contacts bounce open en closes within a few micro seconds. Resulting in a double tap. 
I tried solving this editing registry “autorepeatdelay” and others, but to no avail. 
Are my leaf switches too weak/bendy?

Earlier I used original tungsten leaf switches, but they work intermittently after a short while due to the low current that is passed. 

How do you guys do this?

My flipper switch/buttons is from the set that Noah sells. Here they work just fine. That kit has a builtin spacer/holder for the leafs. To me it sounds like you can shimmy the leafs so they buttons doesn't energize as fast. Meaning, putting them further away from the tip of the buttons. You could just find - lets say a 3mm thick plate, bore a hole in it that you put on the inside, then attach the leafs to that ugly contraption ;)

I kind of had to do something like this myself. The kit that I got is created from standard US plywood thickness. In Norway, our standard is 3mm less. So, the buttons themselves did reach the leafs almost before being hit at all. Since that kit is "fixed", attached to the holder, I just made sure that they where further away. Compared to a real machine. My buttons has always activated a bit early/easily compared to machines in the wild. One of the things I have to get used to every time I start playing the real deal. I could also adjust this better by filing off a couple of mm on the end of the button itself, but, well, I just haven't - yet ?! :)

Thanks Thalamus for your detailed answer!

Indeed I tried tweaking with distances, amount of bend and such.
However it didn't cross my mind to shorten the actual "plunger" from the button itself. Smart thinking sir!
I'll try that first. 
If she still perseveres in registering doubles, I will thicken the actual leaf itself. Since everything is copper based soldering should be pretty easy.

Once again thank you for your appreciated input.

Edited by Numiah
typo's