pindmd3 frustration

cboscari

Hi everyone,

I am not sure where a good place for posting this plea for help is, so I apologize if I missed a better forum sub board.

I am upgrading my old 27" cab to a full size cab, and bought a pindmd3 unit from Virtuapin. This is the same computer that used to use a LCD for the DMD, but now it seems I can not get the existing installation to recognize the replacement dmd.

It was  telling me "pindmd.dll v3 not found"

So far I have replaced the files in the pindmd3 folder with the ones in vpinmame, deleted ALL the visual pinball entries and reinstalled it and vpinmame as well. Now it launches tables, but is using the virtual dmd. Still no pindmd3. grrrr.

What should I do to get this to work? what should I check? I followed the installation instructions at pindmd but no luck,

I don't want to erase everything and stat over, since all my popper media and everything is set up, unless there is a good procedure for doing so.What should I reinstall and double check?

Help?

Thanks,

Chris

EDIT: I used the baller installer originally to get the old 3 screen setup working, and ran the installer again, but no luck there either.

Well it is now mostly working. I think I didn't close vpx completely after replacing files, but for some reason, it started working first thing this morning. Except for my altcolor folder roms. Ultradmd looks great with the freezy extensions.

So learned to close out vpx for testing I think