Hurricane - Hurry, Hurry, Step Right Up... the ride is now OPEN!

12 hours ago, Pinballuser said:

if you like to read up on a sensitive subject,  many color projects were shared and removed

look for him on PINSIDE it looks like he is active on that forum

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/jedimastermatt

Peace,

I'm aware of the whole bloody affair.

He was working on and apparently completed a file for virtual pinball.  I didn't get the impression he was doing it for the money.  If he was, then I fully support his decision to leave the VPU community.  He has every right to manage how he do with his money.  I didn't see anything indicating he was leaving and why.  Maybe I missed it.

• Content Provider
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, PIPAllah said:

He was working on and apparently completed a file for virtual pinball.  I didn't get the impression he was doing it for the money.  If he was, then I fully support his decision to leave the VPU community.  He has every right to manage how he do with his money.  I didn't see anything indicating he was leaving and why.  Maybe I missed it.

AFAIK there is not ONE colorization author who asked for money for a vpin colorization . In fact most do their colorizations for their real pinball machines and do not care about vpins. Now instead of having the potential risk of their vpin files beeing used on real pinball machines without their permission, some of them choose the option to not even provide a vpin export. The AlphaDMD project was started with that goal to use PIN2DMD vpin files without asking the authors for permission and that is why PAC was introduced on their request. Now thanks to freezy PAC is theoretically also usable for other projects without asking anybody for permission.

It seems No file - No risk is the better option for some colorization authors. 

Edited by lucky1

11 hours ago, lucky1 said:

AFAIK there is not ONE colorization author who asked for money for a vpin colorization . In fact most do their colorizations for their real pinball machines and do not care about vpins. Now instead of having the potential risk of their vpin files beeing used on real pinball machines without their permission, some of them choose the option to not even provide a vpin export. The AlphaDMD project was started with that goal to use PIN2DMD vpin files without asking the authors for permission and that is why PAC was introduced on their request. Now thanks to freezy PAC is theoretically also usable for other projects without asking anybody for permission.

It seems No file - No risk is the better option for some colorization authors. 

Peace,

I see you on that.  If a person's core interest is real pinball machines and they don't really care about vpins, then this really isn't the place for them.

Permission is a bit of an illusion in the virtual pinball community.  Yeah, you can try to ostracize a bonehead for not observing that courtesy however at the end of the day, if a person wants to jack your stuff and call it their own, that's what will happen.  I knew that before I started adding on to this community.