Issues using HauntFreaks B2S files with Full DMD

hauntfreaks

@AndyMcDandy  has found if your using the PinballX frontend,  you must say "NO" to the setting under "Display Settings" to auto position the B2S.... again set to NO.... also under the F1 pinmame menu for those tables uncheck both dmd options.... THEN use the B2S Screen Res Identifier program to set you ScreenRes.txt file

I am a little bit confused. 

I am running Pinup Popper and have been using Full DMD through Pinup Popper through my 3 screen setup (1080 screens).  I have been doing fine with this setup and I think I understand the three (on the fly) switches in B2S to remove grilles etc.  With some of these new backglasses, the Full DMD is built in,  I can't see the Full DMD.  I have downloaded the screen res utility tool and played with it.  I have not renamed any of the new B2S to game table.res yet and I have been looking through the old 2016 VP forum post on the then new B2S program and nothing seems to click in my mind.

Is there a step by step process for pinup popper folks that have a working LCD DMD with the Full DMD option in the media page working.  I am sure it is something simple, but I just can't find the bar to climb over.

Thanks in advance 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 5:37 AM, hauntfreaks said:

@AndyMcDandy  has found if your using the PinballX frontend,  you must say "NO" to the setting under "Display Settings" to auto position the B2S.... again set to NO.... also under the F1 pinmame menu for those tables uncheck both dmd options.... THEN use the B2S Screen Res Identifier program to set you ScreenRes.txt file

Hey buddy,

Long time no bullshit.

Any idea what the issue is here so I can fix it? I guess some stuff evolved and something got broken?

Cheers,

Tom.

I wonder if its because, just about everything apart from PinballX including the screen res identifier (just tested) does not work with screen scaling in windows 10. This has been an issue with just about everything for years. 

eg 1920x1090 is detected as 1280x720. This normally works when everything is windowed but not with vpx when in exclusive full screen mode. If your not scaling your display its a non issue.

Otherwise the format of screenres.txt must have evolved. (I am about two years behind). Cab turned on today for first time in 18 months.

On 7/23/2022 at 5:37 AM, hauntfreaks said:

Unfortunately I can't duplicate this with latest B2s server or older version. I guess its possuble it could break things for some but I cant duplicate here.

Edi: Oh wait, its with full DMD. I see. I'm looking into it.

Edit 2: Fixed for the next release of PinballX

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2022 at 1:40 PM, tspeirs said:

I wonder if its because, just about everything apart from PinballX including the screen res identifier (just tested) does not work with screen scaling in windows 10. This has been an issue with just about everything for years. 

eg 1920x1090 is detected as 1280x720. This normally works when everything is windowed but not with vpx when in exclusive full screen mode. If your not scaling your display its a non issue.

Otherwise the format of screenres.txt must have evolved. (I am about two years behind). Cab turned on today for first time in 18 months.

I did a step towards scaling support a couple of releases ago, though the GUI looks ugly when scaling is active (texts are cut in half). Will have to redo all GUI's I guess.

Question some tables i run puppacks and others I run the b2s dmd. Is there anyway to turn off just the backglass and run puppacks with the b2s dmd together. I know you can turn off the b2s dmd and have the backglass run by itself but can you do the opposite. Hope this makes sense.

22 minutes ago, encryptedmind said:

Question some tables i run puppacks and others I run the b2s dmd. Is there anyway to turn off just the backglass and run puppacks with the b2s dmd together. I know you can turn off the b2s dmd and have the backglass run by itself but can you do the opposite. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, sort of. Just use the tablename.res to scoot the backglass off screen. Edit the res and lets say you have a 1920 x 1080 screen, for example. Edit the x position value of the backglass to 1920. Then the fulldmd x position needs to be -1920. Now you'll have the fulldmd on the left and the backglass will be invisible off screen to the right

2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

I know you can turn off the b2s dmd and have the backglass run by itself but can you do the opposite.

You have to use a tablename.res file for the table and if you understand how to edit it, its not a miracle.
the tablename.res file tells your Backglass and b2S-DMD exactly where to appear and the x-y sizes, right?
Look for the line, where your Backglass is defined. Example: Your Screensize is 1920x1080. - search for the x-axis and put the backglass out of your screensize, starting at 1921. So your backglass is outside of your screensize and you have left the b2sDMD.