New user... Right flipper works in FX3, doesn't in VPX

stewarco

Hi... I'm brand new to pinup popper (starting to use my legends pinball for more than the tables it provides).  Installed it yesterday through online tutorials on a dedicated machine.  I'm using joytokey to map buttons.  When I first installed it I tried playing The Leprechaun King and I couldn't get the right flipper to work.  I then got fx3 working in pinup with my 99 tables and I have no problems there with the right flipper.  Went back to leprechaun and same problem.  I then installed a table into vpx (guns and roses) and everything works except for the right flipper.  This has me flummoxed.  Where is the software breaking down for only vpx if everything is using the same joytokey mapping?  When I go out to the windows desktop I can use the right flipper as the right shift button.  Does anyone here have any suggestions I might try?

One more note... I just tried playing a vpx table and using the right shift on my connected keyboard to activate the flipper... Doesn't work.  Left is fine using the keyboard.  Neither of the right shift inputs work in vpx.  Wth??

• 3 months later...

Start the VPX executable outside of Pinup Popper (run it directly).  Press "Cancel" when the dialog pops up to load a table.  Click on the "Preferences" menu.  There should be a menu item for "Controls" or "Control Configuration".  Go in there and set your right flipper key to match FX3.